Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
awbacon

Super Mario 3D World!

Recommended Posts

100% did not time this up with the release of the new trailer for Bowser’s Fury lol...but I guess it’s appropriate all the same!

 

hands down one of my favorite main line Mario games and I hope it gets a lot more love and attention now that it’s coming to the Switch

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it was inevitable they'd port it to Switch given they made it a designer option in Mario Maker 2 (and I'm glad they did).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/15/2021 at 4:23 PM, MegaManFan said:

I think it was inevitable they'd port it to Switch given they made it a designer option in Mario Maker 2 (and I'm glad they did).

Same. Cant wait for it to release

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finished this recently and really enjoyed it. Of course its frustrating to have it rereleased presumably with a few additions (ok just looked it up and saw bowsers fury) on the next gen to original release, but this seems to be common these days. Don't have a switch yet but look forward to buying it again when its like £10 or whatever. £50 on release? phew! no thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/19/2021 at 8:59 AM, Mikebloke said:

Finished this recently and really enjoyed it. Of course its frustrating to have it rereleased presumably with a few additions (ok just looked it up and saw bowsers fury) on the next gen to original release, but this seems to be common these days. Don't have a switch yet but look forward to buying it again when its like £10 or whatever. £50 on release? phew! no thanks.

Bowser's Fury at least looks like a solid add on for the money 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, awbacon said:

Bowser's Fury at least looks like a solid add on for the money 

Feels like it's a fair amount of content to be fair. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I always wanted to play this, but never had a Wii U,  now that it's coming to Switch I finally get the chance!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, zzip said:

I always wanted to play this, but never had a Wii U,  now that it's coming to Switch I finally get the chance!

Get hyped for it...super fun 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unless that Bowsers Fury add on is substantial I can't see myself double dipping on this.  Not until it drops in price anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nintendo themselves are describing Bowser's Fury as short, so I wouldn't count on it being substantial in size. I suspect it will be wrapped up within an hour or two of starting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Atariboy said:

Nintendo themselves are describing Bowser's Fury as short, so I wouldn't count on it being substantial in size. I suspect it will be wrapped up within an hour or two of starting.

Ah.  Not worth the price then. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not at full price for Wii U owners like ourselves, but this is one I'll personally be watching down the road in hope of a sale or a revival one day of their Player's Choice/Nintendo Selects line.

 

We're getting a resolution bump, some new content that even if short should still be entertaining, and the speeded up movement of the characters perhaps will give it a bit of a different feel that I'm hoping remixes the gameplay slightly for those of us real familiar with the original. I believe it even features online play now, which I could actually see taking advantage of with someone here at AtariAge.

 

So it's all very tempting for any of us that loved the Wii U original like I did, but just not $60 tempting.

Edited by Atariboy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Tempest said:

Unless that Bowsers Fury add on is substantial I can't see myself double dipping on this.  Not until it drops in price anyway.

Ditto.

1 hour ago, Atariboy said:

We're getting a resolution bump, some new content that even if short should still be entertaining, and the speeded up movement of the characters perhaps will give it a bit of a different feel that I'm hoping remixes the gameplay slightly for those of us real familiar with the original. I believe it even features online play now, which I could actually see taking advantage of with someone here at AtariAge.

And, I assume, the removal of the Gamepad features?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sadly, I think the handful of levels with gamepad features still has them in a way.

 

Without the Wii U gamepad though, I'd personally rather see the level or two with platforms that move based on touch commands be traditionalized. And it sounds like the platforms that you blow on the mic to make them move upwards are still there in a couple of levels.

 

On Switch, you'll just be using the Joycon as a pointer now to activate them (And presumably, it works the same way with a Pro Controller). Since there was so little of this in the entire game and their solution sounds like too much of a compromise to me, I'd rather of seen those few levels modified so that these platforms move in a conventional manner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/27/2021 at 1:56 PM, Atariboy said:

Not at full price for Wii U owners like ourselves, but this is one I'll personally be watching down the road in hope of a sale or a revival one day of their Player's Choice/Nintendo Selects line.

 

We're getting a resolution bump, some new content that even if short should still be entertaining, and the speeded up movement of the characters perhaps will give it a bit of a different feel that I'm hoping remixes the gameplay slightly for those of us real familiar with the original. I believe it even features online play now, which I could actually see taking advantage of with someone here at AtariAge.

 

So it's all very tempting for any of us that loved the Wii U original like I did, but just not $60 tempting.

I hope the new content is long. I don't want to be done with Bowser's Fury in two hours

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bowser's Fury is fun but not worth the price of an A title game...if you already own SMW 3D on the Wii U, that is. I was hoping for a bit more polishing up of the Wii U game but that didn't seem to happen. Still a fantastic game and a must for a Mario fan as teaming up with Bowser Jr is fun for a short time. It fells like an extra level of SM Odyssey more than an extension to SMW 3D.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...