IGNORED

FS: Vectrex collection ***SOLD***

eightbit

Not too long ago I received a really nice Vectrex and some boxed games. I never owned the machine before (my parents refused to buy it for me!) so I was interested in what it had to offer. It is a really nice machine of course as I think all Vectrex owners would say. But, after a while, I just stopped playing with it and it has been nothing more than a shelf ornament ever since.

Not that I do not enjoy playing it....I think it is just a matter of not having enough time nowadays. So, instead of it sitting around I figured I would see if someone were interested in the lot. I am pricing the entire set at $600 plus shipping and packing materials. I am not going to split it up, sorry. I figure the average going rate of a working Vectrex and controller is around $300-$350, the boxed complete games are around $50 each, the Multicart is $60. I believe I have some loose carts as well but I will have to check on that. And there is a homebrew game here that I believe needs the light pen, although I never tried this game out to be honest.

The Vectrex is in good condition and works fine. It has never been opened so I would imagine the insides need a good cleaning with compressed air. While I do tend to most consoles this way I just didn't feel good about opening a Vectrex so I never did that. The unit "buzzes" as all do if they have not been modified with one of those de-buzz kits. Again, something I personally wouldn't consider doing....not to mention the buzz is part of the originality I guess. The controller has light scratches on the bottom and one of the tiny rubber feet are missing. Nothing wrong with the controller...it works perfectly. The games are complete except they are missing the paper envelopes that hold the overlays.

So again, looking for $600 plus shipping/packing materials for the collection. I will only ship inside of the USA and rest assured the packaging will be extreme to ensure this does not get damaged in shipping. I am on the east coast (NNJ) so if someone local would like to buy it and pick it up it will be $600 for everything outright. Depending on where you are in the USA will significantly depend on the shipping cost of course, so PM me if you are interested with your shipping address and I can get a quote for you.

***SOLD***

1.jpeg

2.jpeg

3.jpeg

4.jpeg

5.jpeg

6.jpeg

7.jpeg

8.jpeg

9.jpeg

10.jpeg

11.jpeg

Edited by eightbit
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Rogerpoco said:

I have a nice one, shipping them scares me-if I was any closer to you, I'd still drop the 600 for it this second, someone is silly if they don't snag this soon, very decent value, Man.

Shipping is indeed a scary thing. I have shipped many old Mac computers (models with displays similar to this) without issue but I agree even with the best of packaging things happen. Which is also why I plan on insuring it up to the cost of the sale.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, amiman99 said:

Vectrex is one of the consoles that should be kept as part of console collection. Fairly rare, mostly unknown, and only one with vector graphics.

I have one, and if I need to downgrade some of my collection, this one is a keeper.

I can see this and I get it. I guess it is just one of those things that I have no real nostalgia with. I missed it when it came out and didn't own one until now. Its extremely cool no question, but I feel it is just going to sit forever and someday develop some issue as I am not tending to it (caps failing, or whatever else happens with these things...it is 40 years old afterall) and I am not going to have the motivation to work on it. I thing its better in the hands of an enthusiast who knows the ins and outs of the machine.

• Like 3

On 1/20/2021 at 9:19 PM, amiman99 said:

Vectrex is one of the consoles that should be kept as part of console collection. Fairly rare, mostly unknown, and only one with vector graphics.

I have one, and if I need to downgrade some of my collection, this one is a keeper.

That's why I still have 3 of them.

• Like 2