CyranoJ

RAPTOR API - 2.0.11

RAPTOR API 2.0.11

It has been over 2 years since the last release of the API.  In that time various updates have been pushed into the API in order to improve the rB+ experience but these have not been implemented into the API release - until now. 

This release bundles all the previous updates along with some new functionality into a new baseline build.

So, what are the major changes?

• a new website and domain at: https://raptor.reboot-games.com  <<< DOWNLOAD HERE!

• new HTML documentation has been created.
  • the U-235 library is now 100% external to RAPTOR. A wrapper object file is included to preserve backwards compatibility. Support is for the new builds from 0.24 and above.
  • the MemoryTrack functions are now 100% external to RAPTOR. Again, a wrapper object file is included to preserve backwards compatibility.
    • additionally, 512 bytes of user data tagged with the MemoryTrack save routines.
  • inactive objects are dynamically culled from the list - they're not just ignored by the engine as previously, they are no longer visible to the Object Processor.
  • dynamic object redefinition. Objects in the list can now be redefined completely at run time - including GWIDTH.
  • BLiTTER use! RAPTOR internal BLiTTER use can be disabled or set to automatic. There is also a new powerful new BLiTTER function for running batches of commands on the BLiTTER via the GPU.
  • an on-screen debugging console is now available during code execution.
  • the GPU collision calls now return a table of objects that collided - no need to search through the object data to see what was hit anymore.
  • highscores - RAPTOR now supports 5 unique highscore tables.
  • several internal variables/pointers are now exposed allowing access so some internal operational data.
  • examples have all been updated to reflect API changes.
  • updated logo files.
  • bugfixes - several bugfixes in the library.
  • probably more!

With all that said, go grab the API and start making games!

Push all the buttons!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 5

nice release, thanks

i will take a closer look at, maybe this time i manage to start coding a little.

little question..

the rmotion.exe is for animation
is there a little more information about it? i found not much details at included documentation and here at Atariage

best regards

• Like 1

Thanks!

In short,  rMotion is a scripting language for objects. 

I will see what I can find for that, I've not used that myself and it was added by @matmook So maybe he can offer up more.

Haha, that reminds me of the time I found a HMS Raptor plushie in the NetherlandsAC365C5B-7DC8-4457-A139-58B75088EE5E.thumb.jpeg.4150d7dea5b7075fdae7ef2ad4f6c1c5.jpeg  

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Otto1980 said:

nice release, thanks

i will take a closer look at, maybe this time i manage to start coding a little.

little question..

the rmotion.exe is for animation
is there a little more information about it? i found not much details at included documentation and here at Atariage

best regards

Well, I will make a longer answer later (on my phone, boring), but you can start by looking at Raptor examples (2 of them use rmotion).

ok i found it, and took a look at it.
seems quiet usefull..

But it you have some additional docs, feel free to share ;-)

22 hours ago, matmook said:

Well, I will make a longer answer later (on my phone, boring), but you can start by looking at Raptor examples (2 of them use rmotion).

Ok thanks, found it, took a look at

seems easy

if you still have some rmotion docs, feel free to share :-Da

14 hours ago, Otto1980 said:

ok i found it, and took a look at it.
seems quiet usefull..

But it you have some additional docs, feel free to share ;-)

Ok thanks, found it, took a look at

seems easy

if you still have some rmotion docs, feel free to share :-Da

Well, I was (am) too lazy to write a documentation (and nobody asked by that time :D ).

Raptor's animation system is fast and efficient but if you need to use more complex animations (non-linear), rmotion may help you (ask me, it's always better with a use case).