IGNORED

Diamond 3.0

KG7PFS

they can be used for Diamond, Express, and SpartaDOS X 4.22 or lower versions, not for the newer sdx versions. It can be upgraded using the Ken Jones method. I have that here somewhere and I need to dig that up. you may have it also, lots of cool info on your site. I also have a ROM image of MIO-DIAG for this that works on sdx GAL in this cart or original sdx cart.

Ken

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, kenames99 said:

hi everyone,

BillC sent me this link for cart shells https://corei64.com/shop/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=67 so they should work fine.

Ken

I gave some input about these to the maker, unless it's been tweaked... they didn't quite line up as they should for stacking... it wasn't all just about the pass through connector but rather the tab holes on the pcb edge side of the cart... If it hasn't changed, you will have to do a little bit of a widening of the car tab/wing holes and work a little to center the pcb... after that if the pass through connector is not perfectly centered and straight on your cart- you will have to trim a little there as well... if you do not, after repeated insertions the fatigue from the connector and pcb twisting weakens the connection. If the cart tower is more than two the angled pcbs will lean and stress the eci/pbi adapter connector on a 130XE if you use one...

It's a good start, just be aware of what you will have to do.

25 minutes ago, kenames99 said:

they can be used for Diamond, Express, and SpartaDOS X 4.22 or lower versions, not for the newer sdx versions. It can be upgraded using the Ken Jones method. I have that here somewhere and I need to dig that up. you may have it also, lots of cool info on your site. I also have a ROM image of MIO-DIAG for this that works on sdx GAL in this cart or original sdx cart.

Ken

Hello Ken

Can't remember the mod or it being on my site, but I've found stuff on my site before that I didn't remember putting there.  And I'm the only one who can put stuff on my site.  :-)

I never had a MIO (couldn't afford one and when I could, the BlackBox looked better), but the MIO-DIAG image would be welcome too.  I guess it would work without SDX?

Sincerely

Mathy

PS are you planning to sell the passthrough PCB's?

Edited by Mathy

3 hours ago, Mathy said:

Hello Ken

Can these only be used for Diamond GOS or for all ICD passthrough cartridges?

Sincerely

Mathy

From what I understand these work for all ICD passthrough cartridges, but each ROM must use a GAL with matching banking logic.

I have PM'ed him and he said he can make the GALs for Diamond GOS and SDX/MIO-DIAG, I never asked about Express.

2 hours ago, _The Doctor__ said:

MIO DIAG is handy to have, if you own a MIO, you should have one of the carts, or it's image for your own solution.

I recently discovered that the current release of REALDOS includes MIO-Diagnostics, but haven't tried them yet.

This is a quote about it on realdos.net

MIODIAG.COM  This will test the mio and can preform a burn I test to be sure your mio passes an endurance test.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, BillC said:

I recently discovered that the current release of REALDOS includes MIO-Diagnostics, but haven't tried them yet.

This is a quote about it on realdos.net

hi BillC,

that does work and will do everything the cart will do with the exception of a boot problem. if the computer wont boot then you cannot access the com file. the cart is a diagnostic cart and will usually start when the mio has problems.

yes, I do have the express gal logic.

Ken

Edited by kenames99
forgot info.
  • Like 1