IGNORED

Can the FBX Deluxe have games added without USB?

• 2 weeks later...

Well I managed to install 250 games to the internal nand with all information and covers. 

A custom theme (nega drive) too!

Boots up fast and didn't really see a difference in boot times either.

The absolute limit is somewhere between 250 -300 games installed.  Couldn't get it to boot with 300 games.

Also I think it is possible to shrink the data partition some as it is at the end of the nand and is mostly just empty anyways.  Between that and maybe some symlink magic on the covers and .zip support,

I do believe it is possible to add my whole NTSC collection installed.

Now time to go through and pick out my favorite 250 games.

Forgot to mention I lossless shrunk my cover images and saved 83% on size.  Until I decide to solder a usb drive internally, I could deal with this!

Edited by MrFister

That's pretty awesome. Tell me more about the lossless image file size reduction!

It would be really nice to have an all-in-one CFW. Update to the newest version, add all the NTSC-U and leave the backdoor open for running files from the USB Drive.

About the NegaDrive theme.. It is a reskinned sega genesis flashback menu. Just an FYI.

Would you like me to make you a new/unique theme? or tweak an existing one for you for this? Or tweak NegaDrive further?

Edited by Draxxon
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Draxxon said:

That's pretty awesome. Tell me more about the lossless image file size reduction!

It would be really nice to have an all-in-one CFW. Update to the newest version, add all the NTSC-U and leave the backdoor open for running files from the USB Drive.

About the NegaDrive theme.. It is a reskinned sega genesis flashback menu. Just an FYI.

Would you like me to make you a new/unique theme? or tweak an existing one for you for this? Or tweak NegaDrive further?

The lossless shrinking is from this appPNGOPTIMIZER.zip.

The All-in_One CFW is my Goal. 

I didn't realize that about Nega Drive being from any other console.  I thought it was 3rd party made.

I think that theme is probably my favorite out of all of them.  I would most likely use this theme as the base theme because I like the darkness and the colors of it.

Go ahead and design a new theme to see what you come up with because we are gonna have this CFW sooner than later!!!! ?

Edited by MrFister

I dont know if you know but i made most of those themes. except the two wood grain AFB stock styled ones. Kevin M. made those. You can deff use mine and edit them however you want to.

All the theme names were play on words. Nega Drive is the Flashback Mega Drive (Genesis) launcher backgrounds and assets reworked to fit the atari menu.

"Light-Fiver" was all original and dark BG. kind of plain, but it could be improved or reworked.

Have you seen the sears tele-games theme yet? It used "Light-Fiver" as a base.

SEGA FLASHBACK:

bkg_launcher.png

"Telly-Games" v2:

res.rar

for the all-in-one... I almost would say stick to regular out of box BGs like the "stock" one, "sans boom" or "stocklate vanilla", or maybe the AFB9Gold one reworked for the X ("Iron Pyrite"). I think its strange that the X didnt get the gold BG on any version, because its much better than the stock one.

Edited by Draxxon
  • Like 1