IGNORED

Signed, Graded Texas Chainsaw Massacre auction on Ebay

Eltigro

This guy posted about owning it. I don't know if he is the new owner or the seller. But he is posting about it in the Marketplace. The post should be removed if it isn't for sale. He just bragging about it. 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/atariagemarketplace/permalink/1854250808081663

Ok so my link above is the guy that is “selling” it.

He really isn’t selling it. Basically everyone has their price and apparently that is his. [emoji857]

He just got approved for that AA FB Group and this is his first post.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/atariage/permalink/10158739862305255/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is really cool. $70k cool? Not on your life, but really cool none the less. One thing that irks me though is the person saying there are only 5 to 10 CIB copies of this game in the world. I know I've seen more than that come and go online let alone however many are not put out there in the 1's and 0's land. It's already super unique. Adding unfounded numbers to the mix just seems overboard. I guess that is what you gotta do if you are trying to get $70k for something like this. I wonder what an open auction starting at 1 cent would fetch for something like this? 

• Like 3

The guy also has original Wizard Video copies of TCM on VHS and BETAMAX. Really nice shape too. He's asking almost $2k for them though so they might be just to show them off too like the Atari game. Anyhow, they sure look pretty:

s-l1600.jpg

Would have been crazy to have both of them signed by Gunner. After looking in the guy's store he's clearly a big fan of the horror genre. A man of good taste IMO. :)

• Like 2

5 hours ago, holygrailvideogames.com said:

The seller is also selling reproduction copies of Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

Does the seller disclose they are reproductions? If so, what is your point?  I mean, tons of people bragging on this site about buying repos from etsy, etc...no?

Edited by thesofasurfer

Not really sure why some of you feel the need to bash my game.  What do you care what I price it at?  Do I care that so many common video games sell for over $20k?  No, why should I?  So why do you some of you?  Does it help make you feel better.  Bottomline, its the only signed on box game in existence - celebrate that fact.  And those that say I am misleading people? In what way?  Giving a sincere estimate based on what the owner of the company that developed game has stated about only 900 sold and guessing only 15% survived.  There are not many CIB at all. You know it and I know it so again, tell me differently

Edited by thesofasurfer
  • Haha 2

On 2/8/2021 at 10:48 AM, Andrew Davie said:

Everything that's wrong with grading/collecting/fandom, all in one package.

Explain Andrew.  How is grading and preserving a video game any different then grading a comic, currency, coins, stamps, or sports card.  Really love to hear your rational comment. Sound kinda bitter if u ask me.

39 minutes ago, thesofasurfer said:

Not really sure why some of you feel the need to bash my game.  What do you care what I price it at?  Do I care that so many common video games sell for over $20k?  No, why should I?  So why do you some of you?  Does it help make you feel better.  Bottomline, its the only signed on box game in existence - celebrate that fact.  And those that say I am misleading people? In what way?  Giving a sincere estimate based on what the owner of the company that developed game has stated about only 900 sold and guessing only 15% survived.  There are not many CIB at all. You know it and I know it so again, tell me differently

Hi!  Welcome to the Internet, where people may have opinions different to yours.

Speaking of the Internet, things have historically not gone well for eBay sellers who sign up on forums specifically to leave overly-defensive replies for a few cranks making wisecracks about the item up for auction.  If you want to carry on that way, that's your prerogative, but bear in mind that you've now made your comments publically-searchable to anyone and that they'll be really easy to tie to your eBay username.

HTH, HAND, GLWS!!!

Edited by x=usr(1536)
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1