IGNORED

Wikipedia wrong about Atari 2600 Super Breakout

Random Terrain

You'd think the references to the Sears ads and Atari's own Product Release list would be good enough for Dgpop ?

The Draconian entry for the COCO game used to list my port of Bosconian as a port of it. I removed the section and documented why in the History with a link to my reply 7 which explains it as a port of the arcade game and that the name was just a coincidence. 

859448884_ScreenShot2021-03-02at9_47_26AM.thumb.png.dd9d2ecef08c4a13ec103ac0fe2fd68c.png

Hopefully the comment you put in the History works this time around.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Allan said:

Sorry, Wikipedia, for all its good it may do, does just as much damage. Remember, Wikipedia themselves say that they themselves are not a reliable source of information. It's the source links at the bottom of each entry that is the important information. And obviously it has completely failed here.

Nothing is really a "reliable source of information" when it comes to history. Wikipedia is not perfect and it never will be, but it's zillion times better as it is , than if it was a yet another corporate behemoth. Along with the archive.org it's one of the only two major sites which still retain some semblance of the ideals of what Internet was supposed to be when it has first started out.

And I'm pretty sure everyone knows how it works already, and that it's more of a stepping stone than the final destination when it comes to serious fact checking. And ofr casual use it works just fine.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MrZarniwoop said:

Between the discussion on the talk page and new references to the Sears 1981 Christmas catalog and 1982 new games Atari press release I suspect there’s enough now to keep the 1978 date from being the dominant date.

Fingers crossed.