IGNORED

Top 10 Atari 7800 Platformer Levels

Cousin Vinnie

Hobby programmers and their after market creations have vastly improved the Platform scene in the Atari 7800 universe in recent years. Now that there's a good sample size, you may ask, what are the top 10 levels of the 7800's platform games? Even if you didn't ask... I'll offer my opinion here: http://www.atari7800forever.com/toptenplatformlevels.html

bdb5.png

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, BydoEmpire said:

Can't disagree with those (at least the ones I've played).  As long as nothing from Tower Toppler is on there, I'm happy. ;)

Tower Toppler is one of my favorite games, but I consider it more of the adventure platformer gimmick than a classic platformer. 

I'm glad you agree! I didn't know how people would take this list. LOL

Edited by Cousin Vinnie
  • Like 1

@Cousin Vinnie

Check out the Scrapyard Dog Hack (by @KevinMos3 and me @Giles N), where you can play as the dog Scraps to resque your owner!

I mention it as Scrapyard Dog is one of few sidescrolling platformers on the system...

https://atariage.com/forums/topic/307505-scrapyard-dog-graphics-hack/

Edited by Giles N

3 hours ago, Giles N said:

@Cousin Vinnie

Check out the Scrapyard Dog Hack (by @KevinMos3 and me @Giles N), where you can play as the dog Scraps to resque your owner!

I mention it as Scrapyard Dog is one of few sidescrolling platformers on the system...

https://atariage.com/forums/topic/307505-scrapyard-dog-graphics-hack/

I consider those different animals than the single screen gimmicks. I need the unlimited lives or invincible hack so I can practice those stupid jumps in the middle in the game too. Its the only original Atari 7800 game I havent beaten now... well except for Water Ski and Tank Command I guess

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/2/2021 at 6:49 AM, Cousin Vinnie said:

I consider those different animals than the single screen gimmicks. I need the unlimited lives or invincible hack so I can practice those stupid jumps in the middle in the game too. Its the only original Atari 7800 game I havent beaten now... well except for Water Ski and Tank Command I guess

You should order a hacked version from AtariAge; both KevinMos3’s ‘Louie’ and my ‘Scraps’ characters are better than the dorky look of the original (which still has it charms to me)...

- - - 

Tank Command: cool game, I usually get to level 2 so far...

Water Ski: cool concept, hard as heck, can only barely get to level 2...

But neither of these titles are platformers...

Edited by Giles N

23 hours ago, Giles N said:

You should order a hacked version from AtariAge; both KevinMos3’s ‘Louie’ and my ‘Scraps’ characters are better than the dorky look of the original (which still has it charms to me)...

- - - 

Tank Command: cool game, I usually get to level 2 so far...

Water Ski: cool concept, hard as heck, can only barely get to level 2...

But neither of these titles are platformers...

right- Sorry about that. I went off on a tangent- stating that Scrapyard Dog (a platformer) was the only original 7800 game I never beat.... then I remembered i never beat Tank Command or Water Ski (total crap- non platformer games) either, mid-sentence... and I felt like I had to qualify that

1 minute ago, Cousin Vinnie said:

right- Sorry about that. I went off on a tangent- stating that Scrapyard Dog (a platformer) was the only original 7800 game I never beat.... then I remembered i never beat Tank Command or Water Ski (total crap- non platformer games) either, mid-sentence... and I felt like I had to qualify that

I actually like Water Ski and have seen quite a few people that like it on here as well. Hard game but pretty fun.