Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Intymike

No PRGE this year

Recommended Posts

I wonder if any retro gaming event at all with more than 5-10 participants will happen this year, in any part of the world. I already had to cancel two events (Oct 2020 and Jan 2021) as the arranger, and contemplating if it at all is feasible to plan for one in the fall or do like they do, postpone it yet another year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, cmadruga said:

On the other hand, looking forward to our next Virtual Expo!

I was going to participate in this last year... doing some live streams of various Intellivision games and whatnot. This year I could add my new Aquarius to the mix in case anyone is interested in seeing how it all works. (I still don't know myself, ha!)

 

I wonder if it would be of interest to have a feed for CPU vs CPU Intellivision matchups? Motocross. World Champ Baseball. Mindstrike. Others?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Intelligentleman said:

I was going to participate in this last year... doing some live streams of various Intellivision games and whatnot. This year I could add my new Aquarius to the mix in case anyone is interested in seeing how it all works. (I still don't know myself, ha!)

 

I wonder if it would be of interest to have a feed for CPU vs CPU Intellivision matchups? Motocross. World Champ Baseball. Mindstrike. Others?

I would write down ideas like those for when planning starts! 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh man. I'll miss those debilitating "negotiations" in the parking garage with Lathe and CMart! But it gives my body another year to heal! 

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, BBWW said:

Oh man. I'll miss those debilitating "negotiations" in the parking garage with Lathe and CMart! But it gives my body another year to heal! 

 

Is that a discrete way of talking about Fight Club?

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Sinjinhawke said:

Is that a discrete way of talking about Fight Club?

I won‘t call it Fight Club, although some kind of Club is involved.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Intymike said:

I won‘t call it Fight Club, although some kind of Club is involved.

ooooooh!  Say no more.  I got it.

brony2.jpg.596b4187a39eb0c6c958f5ca81376e5a.jpgbrony.thumb.png.9eb63111e667f13dc27c60ce7cb094a0.png

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wasn't going to be able to go this year, so another virtual expo is better for purely selfish reasons. Still, I look forward to grossly overspending on games I'll never play again someday. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, colormesticky said:

Also to authentic German Haribo!

 

Yeah, I hope I'm able in the future to ship some over production to Portland. :) 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, BBWW said:

Oh man. I'll miss those debilitating "negotiations" in the parking garage with Lathe and CMart! But it gives my body another year to heal! 

 

Yeah, my knees just aren't what they used to be...

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm going to miss buying all you clowns dinner. Especially now that we added in a new restaurant to the rotation. Here's hoping Fall 2022 will happen. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, cmart604 said:

I'm going to miss buying all you clowns dinner. Especially now that we added in a new restaurant to the rotation. Here's hoping Fall 2022 will happen. 

I really appreciated the gesture, but still think it was overly generous. Thank-you for the very nice surprise. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Games For Your Intellivision said:

I really appreciated the gesture, but still think it was overly generous. Thank-you for the very nice surprise. 

You're most welcome. The key is to not let anyone know when you're going to do it. Lol

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, cmart604 said:

I'm going to miss buying all you clowns dinner. Especially now that we added in a new restaurant to the rotation. Here's hoping Fall 2022 will happen. 

 

9 minutes ago, cmart604 said:

You're most welcome. The key is to not let anyone know when you're going to do it. Lol

 

I'll take the opposite approach...

 

Hear ye!  Hear ye!  Anyone who dresses as a clown next PRGE will have a free meal on me!  🤡🤡

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

predictable yet sad news.

Being there after a short or long trip - one of us once drove from Long Island, NY to Portland, OR!! - makes you feel part of something more "real" and gives a totally different and deeper meaning to being in this forum and playing and collecting our favorite video game system.

 

"The two most powerful warriors are patience and time."

Leo Tolstoy

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/24/2021 at 8:54 AM, carlsson said:

I wonder if any retro gaming event at all with more than 5-10 participants will happen this year, in any part of the world. I already had to cancel two events (Oct 2020 and Jan 2021) as the arranger, and contemplating if it at all is feasible to plan for one in the fall or do like they do, postpone it yet another year.

Midwest Gaming Classic is still planning on doing their show in the fall/early Nov (instead of the usual spring slot) this year. Of course that could change as the year goes on depending on vaccine roll out, new strains appearing, vendors willing to show up, etc. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Drats, I was looking forward to another cross country drive this year. Oh well, I'll push it to 2022 and make a bigger trip out of it.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmmm, one thing I'll NOT miss about PRGE is waiting until the last min to book a hotel and getting stuck with one 3 miles away on the other side of the highway/tracks, then staying too long at the bar and realizing the trains/busses stopped running, then being just inebriated enough to think walking back to my hotel at 1am was a good idea.  Met some interesting people that year.  I'll never NOT stay at the Eastlund again.  Also, shout out to my roomie Eric 👊

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, JasonlikesINTV said:

Hmmm, one thing I'll NOT miss about PRGE is waiting until the last min to book a hotel and getting stuck with one 3 miles away on the other side of the highway/tracks, then staying too long at the bar and realizing the trains/busses stopped running, then being just inebriated enough to think walking back to my hotel at 1am was a good idea.  Met some interesting people that year.  I'll never NOT stay at the Eastlund again.  Also, shout out to my roomie Eric 👊

Good times. Good times indeed. Definitely recommend the Eastlund. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/24/2021 at 11:09 PM, Lathe26 said:

 

 

I'll take the opposite approach...

 

Hear ye!  Hear ye!  Anyone who dresses as a clown next PRGE will have a free meal on me!  🤡🤡

I just hope Rev stops wearing those inappropriately short jean shorts. You can buy him dinner if he doesn't. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...