IGNORED

130XE color pot replacement

reverendshoebox

Hey people.

Looking to replace the color adjustment trimmer on my 130XE, but finding one that's 500k -and- bottom-adjustable -and- 1/2 watt has proven difficult.

Has anyone had any luck finding a replacement? Best Electronics' new policy of only allowing 3 items per order has unfortunately made them a less viable option for small parts.

Thanks

These might not fit your criteria, but posting just in case it helps someone.

At first I got this one:

https://www.surplussales.com/POTENTIOMETERS/PCM-SINGLETURN/PCM-SINGLETURN-8.HTML

CTS PC Mount
Single Turn Pot
500k Ohm
rcv-19-411504_1_lg.jpg
(RCV) 19-411504
CTS PC mount, miniature, single turn, horizontal - 4 leg thumbwheel pot. 500k ohm. Atari repair part.

but it wasn't the right size for my 800xl, but it might be right size for xe. For xl I ended up getting this one:

https://www.jameco.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10001&catalogId=10001&productId=254588

1/4 Inch Round Cermet Potentiometer 500K Ohms 1/2 Watt 10% 1 Turn Thru Hole Top Adjust

• Jameco Part no.: 254588
  • Manufacturer: BI Technologies
  • Manufacturer p/n: 62MR500K (3329P-1-504-VP)
  • HTS code: 8533400080
Edited by invisible kid
  • Thanks 1

Or in a pinch, you could just mount any pot you want with a drop of hot glue and run a couple wires to the mounting vias. Ideally you only need to use it once to calibrate the machine for any given display. You would only need to adjust it if you replace the GTIA or need to use a new display that is wildly different than the prior display.

• Thanks 1