IGNORED

First Intellivision

benybob

So first post on here, I have recently acquired my first Intellivision, very dirty, don't even know if it works yet.

I figured i would share the first look at it before i clean and repair any issues. I have new membranes order for each controller already.

Can not wait to get it going, and try the two games I got also (Astrosmash and Night Stalker)

I am very new to Intellivision but not new to older consoles or electronic repair and modification.

Any advise and help is always appreciated. I will update this as I go.

IMG_0499.thumb.jpg.27025739bdd77c46b110985ab75c4c03.jpgIMG_0500.thumb.jpg.5cceed3c9f2a11337c4adc11fda9d1f5.jpg  IMG_0498.thumb.jpg.3e42f4e8b23b625b440199afa0d8fb2d.jpg

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, benybob said:

So first post on here, I have recently acquired my first Intellivision, very dirty, don't even know if it works yet.

I figured i would share the first look at it before i clean and repair any issues. I have new membranes order for each controller already.

Can not wait to get it going, and try the two games I got also (Astrosmash and Night Stalker)

I am very new to Intellivision but not new to older consoles or electronic repair and modification.

Any advise and help is always appreciated. I will update this as I go.

IMG_0499.thumb.jpg.27025739bdd77c46b110985ab75c4c03.jpgIMG_0500.thumb.jpg.5cceed3c9f2a11337c4adc11fda9d1f5.jpg  IMG_0498.thumb.jpg.3e42f4e8b23b625b440199afa0d8fb2d.jpg

Welcome!

You can get everything from technical advice to game recommendations or whatever you need from all the great people here.

Hope it fires up easily for you and you can start playing some awesome games.?

Hi and welcome.  Since you're totally new to Intv's and new here, were happy you're here.  Nothing better to us than seeing yet another Intv saved and a new fan of this great system.

First, like I do to everyone of these I buy... Tear it down and wash it in mild dishsoap and warm water, being careful not to rip off any trim.  Use a sponge and a soft brush.  To do this, there are six philips head screws for the main case, and six more for the tray.  You can then remove the components as you see them. Take pictures of the wire patterns for the connectors and wire routing.  

Once washed, lay everything out on a table and let it dry for a few hours/over night.  You can test the system out of the case, it's not needed to run an Intv.  They run fin on a bench wide open. 

For each controller, do the same.  And make sure you place the membrane and white washer in the right order.  Clean everything.... Lord only knows where this unit has been.

From there, put in a game, get a good cable to a TV and see what you get.  Clean the port with alcohol on a cotton swap.  Clean the contacts of the games the same way.  Jam the cart in and rip it out a few times to assure you have good contact as this is always a problem on theses systems.  They tarnish on the contacts and won't work.  

Let us know how it goes. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...