IGNORED

The Pawn - saving game state issue SDrive Max

Transfinity

Hello All,

I am trying to play the Pawn on my Atari 800XL, using SDrive Max for handling game disks.

I load and play the game with no issues.

However if I want to save the game on a formatted (ATR) disk image (single density using DOS 2.0.2 or DOS 2.5) it looks like the

game does not like it. Any suggestion?

Please note that the pawns files are not written out in DOS format, so be sure to use a formatted disk which does not contain any files which you may want to keep and that means format only without writing out DOS files.

Edited by _The Doctor__

Hi!

- am I swapping disks? Of course I am swapping disk on the SDrive MAX: putting the "save game disk" (formatted) into D1 when the program asks for it.

- write protection? Disk image I have created and formatted as a "save game disk" is writable

If someone has the time it could be helpful to reproduce the issue with the game.

Best,

Thanks @Wrathchild for the input (your ATR works actually), I finally found the really "silly" issue: long story short you need your "save game disk" image to be 133KB (Medium density)

Originally, I created a Medium Density image with my emulator and tried to format it with my 800XL (DOS 2.x) using the SDisk-MAX; it failed

SDisk-MAX FW 1.2 should have fixed it also for double density (https://github.com/kbr-net/sdrive-max/issues/32) but apparently it is not working.

So I used a Single Image (90K) and I was able to format it once mounted on the SDisk-MAX however it failed to save the game state.

Looking at the size of the original game disks (133KB) I created and formatted just using the emulator and then mounted the image in 

the SDisk-MAX and I was able to save the game state.

Problem solved.

Best,