IGNORED

WTB tested Bally Astrocade/Arcade

InfernalKeith

Sold my Astrocade a couple years ago and have regretted it, and I'd like to pick up another system.  I know they're going for a chunk of change and I don't mind that, but I'm leery of dropping that kind of money on an "untested" or "it worked five years ago when I put it in the attic" Ebay gamble.  If you've got one you've actually fired up and played some time this century, and could provide pictures or video of same, I'm interested.  As long as I'm wishing, if you're within a 2-3 hour drive of Toledo, Ohio, I'd much rather pick it up than ship.

You might want to contact Allen Schweitzer on here.  He also sells on eBay.  He refurbishes Astrocade/Bally systems. 

I have owned 2 new Ballys out of the box that did not work.  I also have had 2 Ballys break on me.  It is a fantastic system.  One of my favorites.  If you get one be sure not to leave it on carpet.  This is how my first one broke back in the 70's.  Even though the Bally isn't reliable I do recommend getting one.

I'm not seeing the buy-it-now Bally systems for $250?  A search for Bally Arcade and Bally Astrocade each turns up the same two, both of which are $400 and "worked last time I hooked it up five years ago." 

I'll contact Allen, thanks!  

The last one I had I took a chance on, it worked fine, but I was frustrated at my lack of progress in setting up my war room and had briefly decided to downsize.  Big mistake!