IGNORED

Question / Help Request -- Mini Claw Game for School

DavidD

Hey there everyone -- I had a question/request for help, and this seemed like the right place.  If not, I do apologize... please don't attack me violently.

In between collecting old video games and the like, I'm a librarian in a public school.  I regularly use the website DonorsChoose to make wish lists of books/supplies, and I've been fairly successful in getting my requests fulfilled.  However, recently I've hit a stumbling block...

I'm trying to buy/build/get a "small" arcade claw game to use as part of an incentive program.  I'd fill it with small trinkets (bookmarks, erasers, books, pencils, etc.) -- students who return all their books on time would win a token and have a chance at winning a small prize.  It sounds silly, but I would greatly help motivate kids to take care of their books, meaning that more students would be able to use those books!  I've located a "countertop" claw game that seems fairly common on eBay (do a search for "110V Mini Claw Crane Machine "), but the problem I'm having is that I can ONLY find these things on eBay.  With DonorsChoose, I can create a project for nearly ANYTHING, but it has to be from a "real" store/website.  I can't find anyone who carries these other than a whole slew of importers, all using eBay as their only marketplace.

So... does anyone know of ANY source for "mini" claw games?  Or have any suggestions for me?  I know this is odd, but perhaps someone will have a bright idea.

(I actually got a full-size claw game kit a year ago, and I had a group of college students who were going to assemble it for me -- sadly, they didn't quite get it right.  I now have a not-quite-working, gigantic claw game in the back of the library that I'll need to tinker with at some point... but I don't have the craft skills to fix it.  The mini units I keep seeing are fully assembled -and- could fit in the backseat of my car, allowing me to take it between schools.)

• 2 weeks later...

Purchased it last week... the UPS slip was printed on 3/19... on 3/22 it's listed as "on way to UPS"...

The eBay page said it should arrive by Monday the 29th, but I'm getting kind of skeptical given that it still doesn't show as actually being picked up by UPS.  The warehouse is in Ontario, CA, so I'm not THAT worried, but...

• Like 1