IGNORED

bB:New Tool for creating PF + 48 px title screens (functional WIP)

kisrael

First, thank you @kisrael for this awesome tool!

After attending PRGE, I'm now feeling super motivated to revisit older unfinished projects, and using this will be perfect for adding a few splash screens to the beginning of any of my games.  I played around with it today and added an AA Logo and credit/copyright screen to the beginning of Space Chaos and it worked great.

I found that you can re-use this as many times as you want in bB code (in the same bank) as long as there is enough ROM space.  For the second screen, I simply renamed all of the labels in the abb.asm file and used the inline command a second time.  Loading different screens multiple times may work well for a simple menu screen too, although I haven't tried that approach yet.

I'm attaching my results today just in case someone would like to take a look.

src_Space_Chaos_v1.13.bas.bin

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

Could the position of the 48px player sprite be modified on the fly? I'm not suggesting to use it as an actual playable sprite, just some simple animation. It seems it might be possible to move it vertically at the very least, but if I've missed some way to do x-axis movement then that would be cool too!

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/24/2024 at 8:18 AM, Gemintronic said:

In Dragon Chalice I used kisraels utility for a simple title screen (center) and RevEngs display kernels for a password system (bottom right).   Life would be pretty less awesome without using both these days.

Glad it's still useful!

• Thanks 1