IGNORED

Intellivision HSC Season 14 - Game 8 - Thin Ice

That would be correct, you have to full screen cut to get the 6,000 points, but you can more easily get 2500s 3000s by partial screen cutting.

As for the game questions, never seen the proto version, so dl'ing that as I type, but there are multiple versions of Thin-Ice in some form of "legality/release" as with it coming so late in the Mattel schedule, it  got swept into the proposed 1984 Olympic tie-ins (yes, figure that out, with the mascot of the '84 games would of replaced Duncan, so there's at least three full versions, Duncan's Thin Ice, the final release with the 1984 Olympic tie-in pulled out, YooDun with the Olympic tie-in being the game, but a easter egg code could get you to Duncan instead, and DunYoo, where Duncan was the character but the Easter Egg trick would get you to the Olympic tie-in version. At this point they were just telling marketing they needed more and more memory space due to that "Olympic tiein" so as a result, it was approved and while they had the extra memory, things like the introduction and full screen graphic of the player character were added.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, INTELLIVISION SPARTAN said:

It would be a fluke because the lime you’re drawing starts to disappear because of the defective programming. 

and I’m not talking about over-shooting past the rectangular shape. 

unless Mr Me, you’re taking about a different version of the game. On the cart it can’t be done. Unless you’ve seen it done by fluke. The programming is defective. 

The cartridge version.  The line will disappear if you zig zag or one of the other penguins crosses it.

The 16 kB and 32 kB roms probably play the same anyway.

Edited by mr_me
  • Thanks 1

On 3/18/2021 at 3:32 AM, mr_me said:

The cartridge version.  The line will disappear if you zig zag or one of the other penguins crosses it.

The 16 kB and 32 kB roms probably play the same anyway.

That must be it then: when a penguin crosses the line! Or if a bear touches it! Ok.. making more sense now! 

Edited by INTELLIVISION SPARTAN

2 hours ago, INTELLIVISION SPARTAN said:

Around 18k to 20k the game gets pretty fixed. The penguins avoid you and cut your lines, the bears make a b-line to the remaining penguins and the seal races over to kill you whenever he wants to. LOL ? ? ? 

Is it the score or the level, because you could get 20k points in the first level alone.

• Thanks 2

This game is soooooooo annoying. I had 19k+ lastnight with 2 guys left and the board was sliced in such a way that the other penguins just stayed in the water so I could never cut around them and eventually the annoying seal killed me. Didn't score another point..... If you don't know mega tricks like mr_me does then 20k is the max. Like Spartan said the game is fixed. BTW still waiting for that 150k game mr_me..... ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1