IGNORED

The Leprechaun's Flight

nanochess

Hi all.

I've wrote a new game just in time for the St. Patrick's Day ?

You are a leprechaun and you need clovers!!! But the only way at this time of the year is to fly with a balloon.

The only problem is that you are flying over the sea, but what could make you to fall? For example anything touching your balloon: Triangles, pelicans, big fishes, and foxes inflating their own balloons!!!

Move with the disc. Avoid pelicans, fishes and triangles. Kick the fox's balloon in order to make it to explode!

If you advance enough in the game, you'll get an extra life.

Each clover is valued in 10 points, dropping a fox into sea gives 50 points.

Credits:

Game, graphics, and sound effects: Oscar Toledo G. (nanochess)
Music: Adan Toledo G. (nyuundere)

Don't count on me making these each year, but I enjoyed coding this one. ;)

Enjoy it!

Edit: Mar/17/2023. I've added a polished version of The Leprechaun's Flight. I've replaced triangles with moons, added stars and hearts (extra life and clears screen), allows to play as Lucky or Darby, and added easy difficulty.

leprechaun.zip

leprechaun_2.zip

• Like 24
  • Thanks 14

so awesome!   This is Balloon Trip mode from Balloon Fight on the NES.

Love this game!!  Thank you!

I'll raise a pint of beer in your honor.  We have a local brewery here that makes a Jalepeno Pale Ale.  It's so good.  They remove the seeds to keep out the heat and let the peppers brew with beer.  The flavor is amazing.  They have a bunch of seasonal fruity sour beers too....so yummy.

Beer.jpg

Edited by Mik's Arcade
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, wongojack said:

Pink Hearts, Yellow Moons, Orange Stars, Green Clovers, Blue Diamonds . . . Purple Horseshoes?

They're Magically Delicious!

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, Mik's Arcade said:

so awesome!   This is Balloon Trip mode from Balloon Fight on the NES.

Love this game!!  Thank you!

I'll raise a pint of beer in your honor.  We have a local brewery here that makes a Jalepeno Pale Ale.  It's so good.  They remove the seeds to keep out the heat and let the peppers brew with beer.  The flavor is amazing.  They have a bunch of seasonal fruity sour beers too....so yummy.

Beer.jpg

Love Pat on the glass!  Though I was cheering for TB12 more than Belichoke this year!

If you are here, you are most likely old enough to remember when Mobile used to give out those glasses with a fill-up or Shell with the pencil drawing of Steve Grogan etc. 

Oops.  You are from NC not N.E.   Unless you are a halfback?  ( that is when a "yankee" moves to florida, but it is toooo dam hot, so they move halfway back )

I might be a halfback someday!  Winter's are starting to suck..  it is supposed to snow 2-5 inches on Friday.  It was 70 degrees last week! 

21 minutes ago, 1980gamer said:

Love Pat on the glass!  Though I was cheering for TB12 more than Belichoke this year!

If you are here, you are most likely old enough to remember when Mobile used to give out those glasses with a fill-up or Shell with the pencil drawing of Steve Grogan etc. 

Oops.  You are from NC not N.E.   Unless you are a halfback?  ( that is when a "yankee" moves to florida, but it is toooo dam hot, so they move halfway back )

I might be a halfback someday!  Winter's are starting to suck..  it is supposed to snow 2-5 inches on Friday.  It was 70 degrees last week! 

I lived the first 45 years of my life in MA, been in NC around 6. I'm old enough that I used to watch patriot games before Foxboro when they didn't even have a stadium.  I actually followed in-laws here, but I guess I qualify as being a halfback.  It was very funny to live in NC and then watch Cam Newton go to the Patriots. I saw enough of him here in Charlotte to know he was NOT the answer to anyone, let alone TB12.  So, yeah, of course I rooted for Tom ad Gronk to win it again.   My license plate here is TB12G0AT

On a funny note, I got that mug at the Patriots Pro shop for 15 bucks when I visited there back in 2019.  Best 15 bucks I even spent. I've used the mug every weekend since and it keeps the beer ICE COLD every time.

Edited by Mik's Arcade
  • Like 1