IGNORED

Good news for 1200XL lovers! - New Dust covers!

ColleenLover

Friends!

As many of you have seen on eBay over the years; the merchant known as "papa*nannysfunstuff" as been manufacturing fantastic hand made dust covers for Atari retro gear.

However, she has never done a 1200XL cover before. Well I have entered into a deal with her to get new pleather covers with custom stitching made!

Made possible because I offered her a free 1200XL case to use as a template. ;)

She wont have any to sell for several weeks, as her stitching machine is down at the moment awaiting a replacement part and she also needs time to develop the pattern, program the machine, etc.

Please keep and eye out for the covers and help support her by buying some when available!

( I have already per-ordered 5 to cover all my 1200XLs).   ;)

Sincerely, ColleenLover

Edited by ColleenLover
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ColleenLover said:

Friends!

As many of you have seen on eBay over the years; the merchant known as "papa*nannysfunstuff" as been manufacturing fantastic hand made dust covers for Atari retro gear.

However, she has never done a 1200XL cover before. Well I have entered into a deal with her to get new pleather covers with custom stitching made!

She wont have any to sell for several weeks, as her stitching machine is down at the moment awaiting a replacement part and she also needs time to develop the pattern, program the machine, etc.

Please keep and eye out for the covers and help support her by buying some when available!

Sincerely, ColleenLover

Sweet! I have two of her cover (800 & 800xl) and they are well done....although around Xmas I asked about when the 800xl would be done again and she said she was making more but I think business smart person inside knew to up the price on those when I showed interest. ;-)

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, ColleenLover said:

Friends!

Cool! Here's a link: https://www.ebay.com/str/papanannysfunstuff

Edit: My 1200XL is "stored" in a box. I'd really love an 800XL or 600XL version :) Might get a(n) SNES version. My house is pretty dusty ;)

Edited by ivop
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, ColleenLover said:

Friends!

Sincerely, ColleenLover

That is great news!   I have one of her 800 covers and one of her 400 covers and they are truly first rate in every way. 

I had asked about 1200xl covers in the past and the answer was always a polite no.  

I found that a 5200 cover fits a 1200xl pretty well.  So that's what I've been using, but it would be nice to get one that actually says 1200XL. Plus,  like I said,  her covers are just great.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ColleenLover said:

as her stitching machine is down at the moment

Her stitching looks like properly stitched baseball caps. Not the knock-offs.

1 hour ago, ColleenLover said:

As many of you have seen on eBay over the years

I did not actually. Thanks for bringing this to my/our attention :)

She's made 1200XL covers before.  I have had one for over 6 months now.  So, she has the template for them already.  They Not cheap, mind you, but it is of fairly good quality.  She chose black pleather for mine. Would rather had it been the brown of the old 800XL covers, but what ever. The embroidery stitching is good, but she put a weird seam on one side that doesn't look so hot or conform too well.  Overall, I am happy with it.   VERY expensive though. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

That was funny!  No, that was the funniest thing that I've seen in a long time.  I laughed so hard I almost cried.  Thanks Allan, this was a great way to start the day!

Edited by redman
add on
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/19/2021 at 1:08 PM, erichenneke said:

That is great news!   I have one of her 800 covers and one of her 400 covers and they are truly first rate in every way. 

I had asked about 1200xl covers in the past and the answer was always a polite no.  

I found that a 5200 cover fits a 1200xl pretty well.  So that's what I've been using, but it would be nice to get one that actually says 1200XL. Plus,  like I said,  her covers are just great.  

I just asked her today about making a 5200 cover with 1200XL embroidery and she told me she was getting a 1200XL case to make a pattern!  A quick search led me to this thread.  I'll definitely be purchasing the 1200XL cover when they are ready. I already have her covers for 400 and 800. 

@ ColleenLover - THANK YOU!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...