IGNORED

New policy regarding ROM files on The Atari Report... all 4 Editions

BIGHMW

(Mods please copy and post this thread on the 2600, 5200, 7800 and 8-Bit subforums as it is being simulcast on all 4 platforms mentioned here)

Hey fellow Atarians,

It's me, Ray Jackson, founder/host/narrator/voiceover for The Atari Report. I just want to share with all of you, especially you developers whose games I have put up on each episode on all 4 Editions (2600, 5200, 7800, 8-Bit), I have some good news about policy changes regarding ROM files posted for the convenience of our viewing audience, which expands even outside of these AtariAge Forums.

Staring with the new episodes on all 4 platforms of TAR, there will be changes in which ROMs go up, espcially with the homebrews, according to whether or not the games contained in them are already available on cartridge from an online retailer, such as AtariAge, Good Deal Homebrew Games, Video 61/Atari Sales, Atarimax, and others similar to them.

Those programs that are available on cartridge format for sale (2000-date) will no longer be offered up as ROM files but rather instead of a link to the ROM on the AA Forums thread I will be posting up where the actual cartridges are available for purchase. I was advised by @tep392 after posting up the ROM to Pac-Man Arcade on the previous episode of The Atari Report - 5200 Edition - Episode 12, in which at the time of posting was without my knowledge (and still is) available in the AA Store right here: https://atariage.com/store/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1054.

We try our hardest to be respectful of copyrights as well as the wishes of the developers who make these great homebrews possible. In the past I refrained from posting up ROM files several times on episodes of The Atari Report. The 5200 versions of Venture, Tempest and Castle Blast as well as the 2600 version of Galagon are primary examples of my refraining from putting up copyrighted content. These titles are all available on cartridge right now as I am writing this.

If a developer has a complaint over a ROM file I post that is not available on cartridge please inform me and I will cooperate and gladly remove the file.

Thanks and Good Gaming for all of you,

Ray Jackson

AtariAge user ID: @BIGHMW

Edited by BIGHMW
  • Haha 1