IGNORED

Doom II hack AC2011 version and v98

Don't hacks need run through some process before the ROM will work in the GD? Haven't gotten around to trying any yet, nor do I understand the process, but a small tutorial posted somewhere easy to find would likely clear up a lot and save questions. I'm guessing it is related to this as long as it isn't Skunk locked.

4 hours ago, walter_J64bit said:

Doom II hack AC2011 version and v98 don't seem to work with the game drive. :( I get a red screen when booting up the hacks.  

Are they recognised as proper ROMs by the GD? Does it give any indication there is an issue?

Red-screening just means it has failed the integrity check the boot ROM performs -- ie. not a valid ROM is some way.

5 hours ago, rayik said:

They probably have bad headers.  I have both and changed the headers (0 - 01FF0) to Tursi's fastboot header.  Both of the attached work fine.

Yes, that was my feeling also. You'll find quite a few things will have been hacked together to work on an emulator or directly called via BJL or something similar, so the actual header is not checked.