IGNORED

Few little MAME questions

youxia

Decided to freshen up my MAME experience a bit and here are some niggling questions...

-I can remap all keys to my gamepad BUT the Coin and Start. They show up in grey and never work? Have to use 1/5 on keyboard which is a minor PITA.

-there are no Favourites in MAMEUI GUI? I can add them from the game via Tab menu, but can't see any category in GUI. Started using base MAME because of that.

-now that I have to use base MAME, I can't fine-comb stuff out (anything that is not arcade) as well as in MAMEUI. Seems the solution is to use categories.ini? Anybody else uses these filters? I just have a phobia of missing out on a game...

-how many individual games do you think there are? If I use Arcade.ini - MAME reports 33K games. With Working Arcade Clean.ini, I get ~8650 games. Are there really ~24K mahjong/quiz/etc games?

-do clones matter? Just regarding missing out on games, not gameplay differences. For example, if I switch them off, will some main games disappear? (I think I recall some clones are the main games actually).

I tested in mame 0.227 and had not problem mapping coin and start to controller buttons.  Be sure to map coin and player start under "other controls".

To create a favourites folder in mameui64 use your file manager and go to the "Folders" subdirectory under mame.  Create an empty text file there and name it "favourites.ini".  Use the mameui64 interface to add game systems to folders.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, mr_me said:

Be sure to map coin and player start under "other controls".

D'oh! How come I've never tried these?

I have yet to try the Favourites solution you propose, but am considering maybe just staying on the base MAME for now. That "Working Arcade" ini seems pretty good, and filtering was all I really needed from MAMEUI.