IGNORED

Help Please - Weird Snapshot Issue with R77/Stella

WishItWas1984

I'm using the latest build of the DirtyHarry Stella image on my R77 and I'm trying to add snapshots to games that are missing them.

I connected a keyboard to hit F12, which kinda worked, but the images have color issues. Instead of the actual colors, everything is green. From the looks of it, anything black is saved as green.

What's even weirder is that the naming convention is not making any sense, so I'm not sure how to manually add images to manually to "Stella > Snapshots" on the microSD.

What I mean is, I already had "Amoeba Jump.png", but it didn't display. The BIN is named "Amoeba Jump". When I hit F12 for it, the file name is saved as "Amoeba Jump (R77) (DionoiD).png". However, when I go to Pac-Man 4K, which has a BIN name of "Pac-Man 4K" and no existing PNG, and hit F12, the file saves as "Pac-Man 4K.png"!!

So I can't do this manually based on BIN name alone as it seems some other name is being utilized to connect them to Stella.

If anyone has any help they can offer...either with why my snaps on the R77 are green or how to properly manually add them...I would be grateful.

Thanks

20 minutes ago, Thomas Jentzsch said:

We never tested snapshots with R77. Why don't you use the PC version?

Ok, that seems to suggest a reason for why it won't save the snapshots with the correct color via the Stella included on the R77 microSD image posted here.

Would you be able to say where Stella draws the filenames for the F12 snapshots? Because if I knew that, then I could do all of this manually. For Pac-Man 4K, I understand it naming the file Pac-Man 4k.png, but the Amoeba Jump filename Stella created through me for a loop. No idea where that name came from.

When you suggest using the PC version, I don't understand what you mean. The image offered here to flash to a microSD seems to be specifically created to work with the R77 and that's the platform I want to play on.

4 minutes ago, WishItWas1984 said:

When you suggest using the PC version, I don't understand what you mean. The image offered here to flash to a microSD seems to be specifically created to work with the R77 and that's the platform I want to play on.

With PC version I mean a computer version (Windows, Linux, MacOS). These are tested for snapshots. There you can create the snapshots your are missing and then copy them to the SD card.

34 minutes ago, Thomas Jentzsch said:

With PC version I mean a computer version (Windows, Linux, MacOS). These are tested for snapshots. There you can create the snapshots your are missing and then copy them to the SD card.

Oh...duh. LOL Right, the same roms should garner the same filenames (wherever they come from) but the colors should be accurate. I appreciate the help.