IGNORED

PC Mode: Stable Oblivion Mod build reccs?

Hey Folks - I was looking forward to playing Oblivion (Steam GOTY) in PC Mode and even adding some mods to it, but when I have tried loading them via Wrye Bash even the most vanilla ones (e.g., Unofficial Patch for the game & DLCs) it is still crashing (Windows msg "Oblivion has stopped working") whenever I tried to load the game.  It will run on a clean, unmodded install. 

I was really looking forward to experimenting with the great work the Nexus community has done on this old warwagon, especially Knights of the Nine related, but not sure what to do next or what others have found the VCS can handle, thanks.

Edited by SilverPaladin

When the game works fine unmodded, but the game crashes with the mods installed, it's most lilkely
a problem with the version of game clashing with the mods, and under Windows it's not going to be
anything VCS specific. I guess you'd get more information on a forum for the game; I've not tried it.

A quick Google search found somebody else with almost the exact same problem; it seems not rare.
Probably best don't mention your computer is a VCS PC, else you'll get unhelpful replies from some.
https://steamcommunity.com/app/22330/discussions/0/3362406825534049827/

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, justclaws said:

When the game works fine unmodded, but the game crashes with the mods installed, it's most lilkely
a problem with the version of game clashing with the mods, and under Windows it's not going to be
anything VCS specific. I guess you'd get more information on a forum for the game; I've not tried it.

A quick Google search found somebody else with almost the exact same problem; it seems not rare.
Probably best don't mention your computer is a VCS PC, else you'll get unhelpful replies from some.
https://steamcommunity.com/app/22330/discussions/0/3362406825534049827/

Thanks, JustClaws - yep it is definitely the mods & I have been looking at the forums for hints from others having issues - was just hoping a VCS user might already have some experience with what PC Mode can handle (already installed max RAM) and a solid, stable mod load so I could avoid individually trouble shooting them, which is what I spent a lot of the wknd trying to do...

• Like 1