IGNORED

Bob Decrescenzo (PacManPlus) Developer Spotlight

Developer Spotlight

on Bob DeCrescenzo @PacManPlus

@ZeroPage Homebrew will be talking LIVE this Friday (Apr 9th) with probably the most prolific Atari 7800 homebrew developer, Bob DeCrescenzo @PacManPlus!

We will be working our way through his vast array of games and asking him questions about his past, present and future development projects plus much more! We can't wait to talk to Bob and hope you'll be able to tune in LIVE this Friday to ask him your questions!

DATE/TIME: Friday April 9, 2021 @ 6PM PT | 9PM ET | 1AM GMT

WATCH LIVE: https://twitch.tv/zeropagehomebrew

- James

PLEASE POST YOUR QUESTIONS BELOW!

1985299895_20210406-DeveloperSpotlightPacManPlus.thumb.jpg.633e3b9a7bf3d70fd86e8932d73276cd.jpg

Edited by ZeroPage Homebrew
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Other than Pac-Man, whats your next favorite coin-op and/or home console game.

Thank you for making Asteroids Deluxe, Astro Blaster, Astro Fighter and Moon Cresta. Such excellent ports. My sons and I have spent countless hours playing each game.?

*Please consider making Phoenix for the 7800.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Before I get into questions...I wanted to take time to thank you. Thank you for the wonderful 7800 projects you have given us. You have really expanded the 7800 library with quality releases. Also, thank you for sharing your code and experiences with the community. This helps others learn and bring more to the 7800 library in the end.

Just a couple of questions or statements...

I'd like to hear your hurdles in learning the 7800...the different graphic modes and display lists. Could you talk about the challenges of thinking different in this area.

Have you learned more efficient ways of constructing display lists over time? Could you talk about the evolution?

You have done development for the NES as well.

Are you planning to do more NES development?

Which platform do you prefer (NES / 7800)...and why?

Are you (and others) carrying on with Curt's vision of the XM? Are you still considering the XM as a target platform?

Any interest in diving into other console development?

When are you going to use your Twitter account? :)

Edited by DEBRO
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

53 minutes ago, PacManPlus said:

Thank you guys - yesterday was a lot of fun. :)  I really appreciate the kindness you guys show me.  It makes me want to do more here.

I say it all the time: you guys are AWESOME! :) 

Than you Bob.?  Looking forward to purchasing UniWarS and Galaxian CIBs?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So bummed that I missed catching this one live. Just finished watching it on YouTube - way good stuff as always!  

Nice to learn that Ms Pac-Man Twin has been dumped, looking forward to a proper homebrew release of it.

Loved Tanya's earrings.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you everyone for tuning in for our Developer Spotlight and a big thank you to Bob (@PacManPlus) for fielding all the incredible questions from the viewers! It was a fun time blasting through all his incredible games and I'm looking forward to revisiting them all in full on upcoming shows as I make my way through the back catalogue of amazing 7800 homebrew! Here's the YouTube archived version of the stream if you missed it.

- James

(SET VIDEO TO 1080P60 FOR FULL QUALITY)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1