IGNORED

Kensington System Saver Fan Replacement

Tempest

Has anyone replaced the fan in their KSS with a quieter low powered version?  I'm attempting to do this mod, but I have questions:

1. How do you get the old fan out?  It appears to be held in with plastic rivets of some sort.  In the video he says he drilled them out, but I can't see how.

2. I have a spare 12V power supply I'm going to use but I'm a bit confused on where to wire everything.  In the video it's hard to see what's wired to what.  Can anyone help elaborate on this?  Here's a picture of the inside of the KSS and my power supply.  I think the two red wires that go to the wall plug get wired into the switch on the KSS and the two wires that go to the power plug get wired into the fan.  It's where they get wired into on the switch that I'm confused about.

ss.thumb.jpg.8b9038e0340a13a9fdcb962ea052f26a.jpg

12v.thumb.jpg.c2634b7a75111b5fb515dc6e34a0c2d7.jpg

rivet.thumb.jpg.fe5dec23c8134cb030c7d7076880991d.jpg

Got the old fan out.  Just had to use a pair of scissors to crack that old plastic/glue from the top of the nubs. 

Now I need to figure out how to wire this up.  I think I connect the wire with N to the top terminal of the switch that has the white wire going to it and the wire with L to the middle terminal of the switch.  The other two wires (black and red) go to the new fan.