IGNORED

Computer Ambush "illegal disk!" Boot error. Need help.

Hi.  I'm posting this here as a hopeful shot in the dark to help me sort an issue with one of my all-time favorite games.  Only thing is...my intent is to get it on an emulator in Retropie. Lr-atari800 to be exact.  Here is where I'm at.

In a W10 environment, I tested the same rom on Atari800Win PLus 4.1 and Altirra/x64 2.40.

Atari800Win - result. "cannot boot --> illegal disk!" message displayed just as lr-atari800 does. Selecting "press Option key" via the menu in either has no effect. From what I've learned, this is an error in Basic that you can avoid on a true Atari unit by pressing and holding the "Options" button during boot 

Altirra/x64 - worked flawlessly without touching any settings.  Select the rom image, and off you go, playing the game.

So whatever base options/settings that are built into Altirra/x64 to make this particular game work, don't appear to be available in either lr-Atari800 or Atari800win on a side-by-side comparison.

So my question is... Why does this error display on only this game and what can I do about it...if anything?  If I had the actual system, how would I play this game with this error?  

I'm a long-time emulation user, Retropie, Vice...MAME.. etc.  I usually can get odd-ball issues like this to work.  But this one has me stumped and kinda dissapointed.  I'd love to be able to play this on the Atari system as I did at my buddies house back in 1984.  

Thanks for your help.  I hope I reached out to the right place.  I'm just out of ideas....and understandably have gotten no response from the Retropie forum on this.  

Best,

JR

Edited by IMBerzerk