IGNORED

Mailing a console

dhe

oversized cardboard box + packing peanuts + vacuum storage bag.

fill the bag partway with the peanuts, then nestle the console inside among them. top up with peanuts until full. Zip up, then vacuum.

The vacuum bag will prevent the peanuts from shifting, and thus ensure the console stays safely swaddled. 

--

Alternatively,

Oversize box + Lots of large-cell bubblewrap + clear shipping tape

Edited by wierd_w
  • Like 1

I had good luck shipping a few game consoles by wrapping them up in bubble wrap, then filling the rest of the somewhat oversized box with foam, wadded up heavy paper, plastic air bags or whatever other shipping material I had handy so that the console didn't shift around in the box.

In terms of how to ship it, best I found was UPS ground for the continental US, and it was still somewhat spendy (30-70 dollars depending on how heavy it is and where it is going).  I also purchased the box from the UPS store.

• Like 1

If you end up needing to buy packing material, Dollar General sells a cheap squishy-foam pillow for $2. I leave them in the plastic bag they're sold in, keeps them clean. Super-easy to pack things between. The recipient gets the undamaged goods plus a brand-new pillow or two.

• Like 1

as folks here will attest, i wrap the living caca out of my stuff (having done enterprise dot matrix printer repair for years and UPS is NOT gentle).

if you don't have inserts, bubble wrap securely a couple of times and put in a reasonably-sized box with packing material around it.  (air pillows, paper, whatever, just as long as it doesnt shift in the box AND if it gets squished your stuff doesn't get damaged).