IGNORED

The Last Squadron

Sikor

Ok, i hope everyone gets there updated copy...

For people, who buy phisical copy: now it is impossible get free digital copy, sorry ;( I sell less copies than i think and with shanti77 we make digital release for refound some costs, i pay some of cash per copy to author, i think, this is good for him and his make many new games in future ;)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Sikor,

I hope your digital release is successful. Since I had already played the ABBUC release, I knew I would like the game. There are some nice enhancements (sound, splash screen) that make it well worth the purchase price. Thanks for sending me the update. Since the 256k and 512k cartridge images no longer prompt me for the cartridge type, I am comfortable they will work immediately on my Ultimate Cart.

I cannot speak for other people, but I am willing to pay for a digital download if a developer would like to be paid for the time they spent on development. Since there are more 8-bit releases, $5-$15 is the best pricing for me. For the ST, I would be willing to pay $20 for a digital download because there are so few new ST releases. I do not know if itch.io is an option for Atari developers who wish to be paid. I see more C64 games there. It is nice as a user since you can download updates or re-download the game at any time. However, the fees might be too expensive.

I have very little space now so physical releases are not appealing to me unless it is something very unique.

Bob C

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Sikor said:

For people, who buy phisical copy: now it is impossible get free digital copy, sorry ;(

That's OK, I bought the physical release and ripped it a while ago but I believe in supporting people who release digital versions as I don't collect carts so I'll buy the digital release as well. 

3 hours ago, Sikor said:

I sell less copies than i think and with shanti77 we make digital release for refound some costs

That's a real shame :( I wonder if the market for physical releases is now too small :(

You have a PM

Well I never ordered the cart way back because on the website it was too confusing for me. Maybe since you are no longer selling a physical cart of it the AtarAge store could sell a cart only of it. I have no clue if Albert or you would want it sold there but I bet a lot of carts would sell. I know I would pick a cart.

Edited by AtariBrian

The carts do better after time passes because fixes are incorporated etc.. keeping shipping back and forth down...

also the current shipping situation is expensive and sucks for time and safety....

I am certain things will improve again.... might be after the policy dorks get kicked out and level headed folks straighten out the supply/delivery service chains again

@darwinmac: thanks

8 hours ago, Mr Robot said:

That's a real shame :( I wonder if the market for physical releases is now too small 

Unfortunatelly yes - little Atari is very small market :( So, phisical release is often much expensive than for commodore. But I'm atarian, so - i publish games for Atari. But in future? Who's know...

And yes, sending out of Europe is extremally expencive. Good option is buying games for few person and sending it to one place - inside countries prices is cheaper than international.

• Like 2

Yeah, unfortunately the UK shot itself in the foot so now we have to add 20% to imports , and a lot of companies I used to buy from will not ship to the UK because of our crazy vat rules and the additional paperwork.

So it has become just too expensive for me to buy anything cool from outside of our little island 

5 hours ago, mimo said:

and a lot of companies I used to buy from will not ship to the UK because of our crazy vat rules and the additional paperwork

I went through the process of getting VAT registered and filling out all the forms to handle my returns online. Then I got a bill for not filing every month to let them know I'd had no sales to the UK. I cancelled my registration after that.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

34 minutes ago, Mr Robot said:

I went through the process of getting VAT registered and filling out all the forms to handle my returns online. Then I got a bill for not filing every month to let them know I'd had no sales to the UK. I cancelled my registration after that.

Ffs, so sorry on behalf of this half arsed country

9 hours ago, mimo said:

So it has become just too expensive for me to buy anything cool from outside of our little island 

I'm on the mainland and it's the vice versa for me (and probably many others). Problem is, UK is the biggest and relatively cheapest retro market in Europe, and I used to buy a lot of stuff from there. Now though...was looking to get BBC Micro recently and on top of asking 200 quid I'd have to add ~60 for taxes, and then shipping. Smh.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

the problem wasn't the UK, it was the EU's temper tantrum and the crazy move of not simply going back to the framework that worked just fine before the join up... the didn't want to do that, they wanted the break up to hurt terribly so no one else would consider leaving... truth be told any other country that leaves can go to the original framework or slightly improve it. Then shoe will be on the other foot and all will benefit, I can't wait for the next few years to pass so that we can get reciprocal and beneficial deal between the US and UK again. The day will come so hang on, it will improve. Let's be positive!

• Haha 1

@Jetboot Jack Yup, agree, it's certainly in my top 5 releases from 2021, (Flob, PoP, Final Assault, and Albert being up there too). To actually be able to say a top 5 list for releases in 2021 for a retro computer platform like ours is a pretty special thing in itself!:grin: Can wait to see what 2022 holds in store. Some really great WIP in the pipeline.

• Like 1

For all those who have problems with completing the game:

- entering "sikorsoft" on the title page gives us 20 lives at the beginning of the game (the maximum indicator shows 9)

- additionally, pressing "START" gives us immortality on a given level (must be repeated on each new level)

- "SELECT" button causes the immediate pass of the given level

• Thanks 6

38 minutes ago, shanti77 said:

For all those who have problems with completing the game:

- entering "sikorsoft" on the title page gives us 20 lives at the beginning of the game (the maximum indicator shows 9)

- additionally, pressing "START" gives us immortality on a given level (must be repeated on each new level)

- "SELECT" button causes the immediate pass of the given level

Awesome - thanks!  Now maybe I can see level 2 :)

• Like 2

In digital release you has:

1. Original cart file 512KB

2. CAR 512KB with property header for AVG Cart (and probably SIDE3)

3. CAR 256KB as above

4. XEX for 256KB+ Ataris (not guarantee for all expansion!!!)

Banking for carts are XE GS.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...