IGNORED

The Last Squadron

Sikor

Was gifted a copy of this by my good friend Matt on here, totally great game and really nice packaging..

Thanks again Matt and of course to the game team... One of the few originals I have left apart from digital downloads on the C64, one wonders how long it will take before they  (digital downloads) get renamed NFT's which in some respect they are but hell no!!

• 5 months later...

Hello All,

I've been playing and reviewing the ABBUC Version of this excellent shooter, but have a question.  In the ABBUC version, is it possible to destroy the big plane at the end of the first level? Or does the game continue with this indestructible beast of a plane because it's the compo and not the full retail release?

Thanks in advance!

On 4/29/2021 at 5:49 AM, Gunstar said:

I'm very excited for this release, especially if it has the option to PAUSE. I can't make it past level 2 on the ABBUC version because my hands need a rest! I look forward to the new levels and enemies, but I'll need a PAUSE option to ever see most if I can't make it past level 2 because my thumbs and wrists need a break and a stretching.

In my youth and twenties I could stand at the 1941/42 arcade cabinet all day smashing the buttons and stick with my ultra-quick reflexes, fast enough to create my own rapid fire. In my 30's and 40's I could sit on my ass in my mancave for hours with the help of hardware/software rapid fire options to give my thumbs a rest ("It's not the years, it's the milage"-Indiana Jones). In my 50's even rapid fire can't keep me playing for hours and hours, only a pause button and 10 minute breaks every 5 minutes!?

ahhh the joys of our youth :)

On 6/1/2021 at 2:43 AM, Sikor said:

Ok, t-shirts ready for sell ;) I have it from S to XXL size, price: $10/8,75EU for pcs plus shipping cost. 190g/m2, JHK, printing using the screen printing method . Shipping world wide by courier, Europe also Polish Post Office (but last time some package was lost by them ? So, it is risk...)

SAM_2749.thumb.JPG.22ee0ea2e96a43b100e867ccd7bf2433.JPGSAM_2750.thumb.JPG.875ec5839a208852b1f17369b15a50ac.JPGSAM_2751.thumb.JPG.e783883601a4154818f96bd7bf48f4c8.JPGsizes.thumb.jpg.81e57db8f70e423453b0dd040b6ddb4b.jpg

where do i buy ???

On 4/28/2021 at 8:49 PM, Gunstar said:

I'm very excited for this release, especially if it has the option to PAUSE. I can't make it past level 2 on the ABBUC version because my hands need a rest! I look forward to the new levels and enemies, but I'll need a PAUSE option to ever see most if I can't make it past level 2 because my thumbs and wrists need a break and a stretching.

In my youth and twenties I could stand at the 1941/42 arcade cabinet all day smashing the buttons and stick with my ultra-quick reflexes, fast enough to create my own rapid fire. In my 30's and 40's I could sit on my ass in my mancave for hours with the help of hardware/software rapid fire options to give my thumbs a rest ("It's not the years, it's the milage"-Indiana Jones). In my 50's even rapid fire can't keep me playing for hours and hours, only a pause button and 10 minute breaks every 5 minutes!?

Rolling on the floor laughing, not at your ability, but because it's how it is for me as well (and no doubt many others)

I drink a lot of water to keep my system flushed (so many meds etc) but as I grow even more decrepit, I find my bladder isn't a big fan of this habit. SO I need a pause to visit the little boys room (odd name). Like you, as a kid, the faster the better, my fingers were mini trip hammers, I was made for Track & Field (button bashers supreme) but as time moved on I was still fast but there was a tiredness creeping in. As I hit 50 it started to be a noticeable lag and speed drop. Now at 61 I have spine issue to contend with as well, but I still 'give it a shot' but as my mojo thread shows, it has affected my want to play, BUT I'm still going. I have my good and bad days but I still do play and the Last Squadron is a true test which thanks to Matt, my good friend, I still find great fun.

Keep playing folks, it keeps you young..

Edited by Mclaneinc
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, BLASTERS said:

These X thing enemies and the tiny tie fighters that expand with a large electric lazer element do they appear on the ABBUC version of the game ?????

Nope. They are only available, with many other features like extra levels, in The Last Squadron (ABBUC's version is Last Squadron). More info: https://bit.ly/3bgIzKe

• 8 months later...
Just now, AtariBrian said:

I would like a physical copy also but I think way back when trying to order one I could not understand what to do or how to pay on the site..

I think you just email them on the email the above link details. Then you pay by paypal in the PLN currency.

FYI the details/costs are listed here:

http://sikorsoft.waw.pl/en/the-last-squadron/

• 1 year later...

I was playing the Last Squadron with my 7 year old today and he wondered if it would be possible for 2 players to play at that same time or if the A8's limits was the reason it was turn based. I told him I'd post the idea in the forum in case there was ever an updated version or a new project by Shanti77.

• Like 1