IGNORED

HSC18 Round 8 [NEW]: POLE POSITION

Thanks guys, yes a lot of fun, I've updated TP and McK scores. Looking at the 8 lappers it's clear that the NTSC game is that much harder to complete the 8 laps but the M version is at least in the ball park. Hope everyone is ok with the scoring still open to changes!

• Like 2

Out of those who posted screenshots, at least Deteacher (NTSC), Sikor (Marius PAL) and pusakat (NTSC) achieved their scores through emulation which can be deducted from the perfect straight, crisp screenshots compared to the often skewed and partly blurry screenshots generated through a camera. I'm sure there were more than the four of you who use emulation, but I don't know if it makes much of a difference.

RT PP - played on NTSC the game is hard to complete 8 laps, on PAL there was so much extra time you could merrily crash and complete 8 laps and if you were good you usually clocked the timer after a few laps and it ended your go. The Marius purple sky version was for PAL to address these issues and make it similar to the NTSC version's difficulty but not necessarily scoring re time bonuses etc.  I don't think it was intended to be used on NTSC or if it was it turns out it's easier re Zylon's comments.

Some PAL users couldn't play the Marius version so the scoring adjustments roughly covered the differences based on previous HSC play but we still don't have many like for like comparisons. But as it was so hard to complete 8 laps on NTSC those guys may have lost out on a few HSC points. Then there was the other NTSC version that was on my disk image that made the game easier for NTSC users to be similar to it running on PAL :-D

My idea of the adjustments was to try and make it at least competitive between the systems especially at the top of the table, what we really need is orpheuswaking to hammer it on all 3 systems on all races and all numbers of laps that should keep him busy for a few weeks :D

The Marius NTSC is roughly equal to regular pal release, while the Marius pal with purple sky is roughly equal to the regular NTSC release. I've played all 4. Picking any of those pairs to run, will give you the closest matchup possible currently.

• Like 1

Great round this time.

I played PP somewhat when I was kid, but played far more in the last couple of weeks.

Plays very nice on the emulator. Made me load the Arcade version on MAME.  I think I prefer the Marious version above, even though the arcade has better graphics and cracking crashes.

Good fun, great round. Good to see so many playing.

Now I got to get inspired to play Popeye. ;-)

RT

• Like 2