IGNORED

Looking for a specific video port

Dopy25

So I'm looking into adding a weird port to my 7800 for using a specific unmodified adapter found cheap in the market. 

The problem is I can't find the stupid female version of the adapter! It's a 7-pin s-video adapter commonly used in laptops and older graphics cards. I've searched eBay, amazon, digikey, general google. And I can't come up with anything. Does anyone know where I can find and purchase a female port or extension cable for the following output?

https://allpinouts.org/pinouts/connectors/computer_video/s-video-7-pin/

I'm looking for an end dongle type output. Something that I can attach to the end of a cable, or that is already a cable I can splice. 

If that doesn't work, does anyone have an idea on how I could mount one inside of a connector hood? I've found a few ports online but nothing I could put on the end of a cord. It's driving me bananas.

170px-S-Video_7-pin_quasi-DIN_connector.JPG

Depending on the design of the din port you end up taking off a graphics card, etc. I'm going to guess you are trying to do this because you have a male dongle cable that has the s-video, audio, and possibly composite attached all at once?

In any event, you could remove the RF modulator off the 7800 and then depending on the AV out, it could then be soldered upside down onto the ground tracks where the RF modulator was and then further reinforced with some epoxy behind it. That would give you the ground you need and allow for the din connector pins to stick up so you can solder to them easy.

Similar to what I do with my RGB installs I've done recently.

5 hours ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

Depending on the design of the din port you end up taking off a graphics card, etc. I'm going to guess you are trying to do this because you have a male dongle cable that has the s-video, audio, and possibly composite attached all at once?

In any event, you could remove the RF modulator off the 7800 and then depending on the AV out, it could then be soldered upside down onto the ground tracks where the RF modulator was and then further reinforced with some epoxy behind it. That would give you the ground you need and allow for the din connector pins to stick up so you can solder to them easy.

Similar to what I do with my RGB installs I've done recently.

Close. I bought a dongle that was meant for a dell laptop 7 pin s-video port. The 4 svideo pins are in the same exact spot as a 4 pin svideo and can be used as such. The other pins are most likely populated with other video signals on a dell laptop (or other graphics card) but I am hoping they are independently wired so I can repurpose them as audio signals rendering the dongle, s-video, composite, and audio. I have no idea how it is wired currently but I am hoping they at least don't all share the same ground. I will let you know when the dongle arrives. Should be here tomorrow. I bought it on ebay for a buck. Worst case scenario I can cut the male 7 pin end off and solder on the inside of my 7800.

Soldering upside down is a great idea, but I was looking forward to retaining RF if I ever want to feel super nostalgic. The issue is that my RF is basically garbage so I may never use it, which does give me the opportunity to remove it altogether. I still can't find the port by itself, even if it's not a female cable end. I don't know what I am missing in my search.

I can tell you that it is highly likely they are all sharing the same ground as that has been my experience with those dongle like cables in the past. 7 pins would also correlate to Chroma, Luma, Left , Right Audio, Composite, and Ground. That would only leave one pin unaccounted for. Could be a second ground but could also be nothing at all.