IGNORED

Best Electronics website down?

ratwell

Mission Atari - In my teens we went to Federated Electronics to play on the Atari 400 and 800 on display.  It was on a big oak desk.  5 years later Atari had bought the chain and I was working there when an Atari show was held in Glendale, California.  I was required to work the show.  I met Brad for the first time at that show.  A woman working for the show urged me to enter the raffle.  I won a 1040ST.  I recently realized I found that 1040ST.  That big desk went up for sale while I worked at Federated and I bought it.  It has gone with me wherever I have gone.  I now have a 400 and 800 to put on it.  I have over the years bought parts from Brad.   We both have grown older, maybe wiser.  Possibly more cranky.

I still use my Ataris, living the dream.

Thank you

Edited by Bee
  • Like 3

On 5/5/2021 at 7:54 AM, gilsaluki said:

Bruce has apparently just turned into an Ebay Store (I am sad to say).   His prices have really gone up.  But, then again, where else will you find NOS Atari computers?

.....and it's a great thing I bought my NOS Atari Mexico 65XE back in November, when they were only $199.00 USD, it (and this site) introduced me to vintage computing and if it weren't for the fact she looks too much like a typewriter on my home arcade shelf compared to my XEGS (same thing but only more of a console design) the 65XE would be my main 8-bit unit instead. Unlike my XEGS at least the 65XE reads all of my ROMs on my Ultimate Cart without fail, where as my XEGS in the case of some of them it bypasses the Ultimate Cart altogether and uploads the default built-in Missile Command port instead.

Bruce has been damn good help for all of us for years and yes I DO intend to order from both B & C and also from best again, as well as browse around eBay to get some CX30 paddles (I already own 4 Flashback-era CX40 sticks and a CX80 Trak-Ball for her) and if it weren't for the fact that Tempest (5200 version), Castle Blast, Intellidiscs and a few others are currently only on the 5200 it would've been "bye-bye Big Sexy" and the 65XE would fill all of my gaming (and some other) needs.

The only complaint I can make about the XE series if computers as opposed to the XEGS is for the rear-loading cartridge port but other than that that's it.