IGNORED

SOLVED: JCD's don't load on GD

Hi all,

I just got my GD and I've converted some Cdi's using the JCD iso converter. When I load them the progress bar reaches the end but it just freezes saying loading CDROM. Any ideas why it's not working. I've tried all the Cdi's and same problems. 

Thanks,

Just now, robbo007 said:

Hi all,

I just got my GD and I've converted some Cdi's using the JCD iso converter. When I load them the progress bar reaches the end but it just freezes saying loading CDROM. Any ideas why it's not working. I've tried all the Cdi's and same problems. 

Thanks,

Do ROMs work ok?

17 hours ago, robbo007 said:

Right I think I found the problem. I was running jcd converter on the actual SD disk. Maybe the program is speed sensitive and does not like writing via USB? I reconverted them on my hard disk and now they work. 

Thanks  again :)

I'm thinking this most likely resulted in fragmented files. They need to be congruent. The best way to do this is to make the CD images the first thing you copy to a blank SD card, so they can be written without fragments. I'm guessing that running it on the SD card resulted in maybe some temp files being added and deleted, or other such actions that would lead to fragmentation. Definitely best to get your images ready, then move them to the SD card, then your cart roms.

Edit: Thinking more about this, that would prevent them from launching, but not necessarily converting, thought it may have something to do with it all the same. It hasn't come up before, but I think fragmentation may be part of the problem there.

Edited by Hastor

7 hours ago, robbo007 said:

I did try the conversion on my SSD hard disk. Same issues. So I now think the Cdi files might have problems? I've sourced new images and will try those. Am I the only one with these issues? 

I converted the CDI file you provided with the EXE released, so the source image is fine.

What version of Windows are you running? This was tested in 10,I’ve not tried anything else.