IGNORED

U1MB firmware update problem

Hi,

I installed U1MB (and it seems to work) ie. can enter bios/setup, spartaX loads and seems to work. 

But when I try to upgrade to FJC firmware (from original U1MB firmware) I'm running into issues ie. I'm using SIDE2, uflash.xex and ultimate.rom on the card. I load uflash.xex (via loader from side2), the device is detected but when I try to flash the file list is empty (ie. no *.rom) file at all... I've mode set to XE, SDX enabled and 1088K RAMBO. 

When I try .atr route I can't mount it as the loader says that PBI is not enabled (regardless of the setting in the bios)...

Any ideas?

Don't use the loader on the SIDE2. Enable 'SIDE hardware' and run the loader built into the U1MB. If the original loader has issues reading files directly from the FAT, just mount the ATR provided instead and then boot back into SDX before launching UFLASH from the disk image.

Hopefully running the correct loader will resolve your ATR issue as well. Please let me know and we'll try to deal with any additional problems. :)

• Thanks 1

OK, so 'SIDE hardware' enabled, SDX enabled, mode is XE, 1088K RAMBO. I press L, hit return on firmware.atr and.. "Error: NO DOS". 

The switch on SIDE2 is in "up" position (if I do the same with the switch in "down" position I get nothing ie. blue screen - no SDX at all)

UPDATE: Got it finally... XEGS slot was set to CAR3... When I set it to "Missile Command" it worked perfectly. Thanks FJC!

Edited by damanloox