IGNORED

Mighty Jill Off not working on real hardware or in emulation

Does anyone know if the Mighty Jill Off .ATRs currently out there are broken?

I've tried multiple different .ATRs on the 600XL, 800XL, and 1200XL as well as in Atari800MacX and get the same results in each one.  The results do vary depending on the version of the game on the .ATR, but are consistent for that version (i.e., if there's a problem on the 600XL, it'll be replicated on the 800XL, 1200XL, and in emulation).

What I'm mostly seeing is screen corruption that makes it impossible to play the game.  This happens in-game immediately after making your first jump.  Loading sequences, etc. appear to work properly.

From the videos I've dug up, the game looks as though it should be perfectly playable.  RC7 (as used in the video) is one of the releases I've tried, and it's suffering from screen corruption that does not appear in the video.  Is there something more than just booting it that needs to happen?

2 hours ago, devwebcl said:

Did you try PAL?

Not until you mentioned it, and PAL worked.  However, it appears as though the game is PAL-only according to this post:

"And I am sorry to say, that an NTSC version is not possible. i need all the CPU power in the PAL-VBlank."

This is truly a facepalm moment for me as I have occasionally been running into this problem for close to 40 years ?  Thanks, @devwebcl!

• Like 1