IGNORED

600XL bottom label

damanloox

Has anybody heard about reproduction labels for 600XL..? Or perhaps some "template" I can use to print it? 

I recently did "deep" cleaning of my 600XL and forgot to remove the label/sticker and it got messed up to the point of no return...

I'm not trying to sell the 600XL and/or pretend it's "original" or anything like that - it's just for me and "complete happiness" (as it hurts my eyes when I see that empty spot on the bottom of my Atari)..

Edited by damanloox

I had the same thing happen to a 1200XL here; I kept the remains of the label and intended to photograph it and print it out at the exact same size, having cleaned it up in editing. I guess you'd just need a hi-res photo of a 'good' 600XL label, and perhaps some editing of the serial #.

I always put a piece of plastic taped to the bottom of any Atari device that I run through the dish washer to clean.  Sometimes the tape doesn't

stay attached and the label is either washed off or faded to the point of useless.  So after that happened the first time, I now scan the bottom

plastic on my color scanner before washing it.  I have since lost two other labels this way and had to replace them.  I found an exact match to

the size and shape of the Atari labels at LABELWAY.com.  The part number for this box of labels is LW3115.  They are 2-3/4" x 1-7/8" with rounded

corners (remember that almost all Atari labels have rounded corners).

DavidMil

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

ok, thanks guys. Could somebody scan PAL 600XL label for me? I have a picture so will be able to "recover" serial number but my label (or what's left) is not really "suitable" for scanning...

@DavidMil: labelway.com don't seem to ship outside CA/US... Any chance you could send me a few sheets (I'm in Dublin/Ireland)? We can discuss the price via PM...?

Edited by damanloox

6 hours ago, damanloox said:

ok, thanks guys. Could somebody scan PAL 600XL label for me? I have a picture so will be able to "recover" serial number but my label (or what's left) is not really "suitable" for scanning...

@DavidMil: labelway.com don't seem to ship outside CA/US... Any chance you could send me a few sheets (I'm in Dublin/Ireland)? We can discuss the price via PM...?

I can send you a few sheets, if you'll pay for the shipping.

David

7 hours ago, damanloox said:

Any chance somebody would have good quality scan of 600XL label (PAL)?

The following post has an image of a PAL 600XL label, the only significant difference between it and the PAL 800XL label above it is the lack of FCC approval information.

I posted images of 3 NTSC 600XL labels in fairly high resolution a while back, perhaps one of them could be edited to match your original label.

I can also PM a higher resolution scan if you want, and even do the editing if you send me your picture of the original label.

Edited by BillC

On 5/11/2021 at 3:36 AM, flashjazzcat said:

I had the same thing happen to a 1200XL here; I kept the remains of the label and intended to photograph it and print it out at the exact same size, having cleaned it up in editing. I guess you'd just need a hi-res photo of a 'good' 600XL label, and perhaps some editing of the serial #.

Could I get a copy of that label?  The 1200XL I got the label almost looks like it was burned, though the case seems fine (other than yellowing).  I am going to try to reproduce it, but part of it is blank.