IGNORED

Does the 5200 line-up of games including homebrews have a future on the Evercade?

Giles N

I see that Indie-studios release collections for the Evercade.

I see the upcoming Intellivision-Evercade collection include ‘Princess Quest’ - homebrew from 2014, as well as original titles.

Could something similar be envisioned for a 5200-collection for the Evercade?

And which games would you like to see of a) official releases, b) homebrews/unofficial releases?

Edited by Giles N

5 minutes ago, Giles N said:

I see that Indie-studios release collections for the Evercade.

I see the upcoming Intellivision-Evercade collection include ‘Princess Quest’ - homebrew from 2014, as well as original titles.

Could something similar be envisioned for a 5200-collection for the Evercade?

It's possible.  But the best games on the 5200 use dual sticks like Space Dungeons, trackball for Centipede, and keypad games like Intellidiscs and Baseball.

48 minutes ago, phuzaxeman said:

It's possible.  But the best games on the 5200 use dual sticks like Space Dungeons, trackball for Centipede, and keypad games like Intellidiscs and Baseball.

The new home-console-version of the Evercade has actually 4 ports to joypads...

• 2 weeks later...

I hope not.  Love the 5200, but licensing issues would likely cut the collectiom down to a few first-party games.  Probably the same stable that's available on Atari Vault, which is not the cream of the crop, and really don't play all that well without the original joysticks.  Homebrews would add value, but there aren't that many to begin with, and many of the ones that do are only available in small-run cartridges and it appears the authors want to keep it that way.

You never know, but I would expect it to be a very poor showing for the system at the end of the day, and nobody needs that.