IGNORED

Mega Man: The Wily Wars - official Retro Bit physical release - preorders open tomorrow!

jgkspsx

Wowee, it's kind of exhausting how many notable games are coming out at one time.

Castlemania opens preorders TOMORROW (May 21) for an officially licensed Retro Bit issue of Mega Man: The Wily Wars: https://castlemaniagames.com/products/mega-man-the-wily-wars

Limited Run has them too: https://limited-run-games.myshopify.com/products/mega-man-the-wily-wars-genesis

image.thumb.png.c0663acc233bcfac7eb45d905c706bf3.png

It includes:

• Rockman Blue cartridge for SEGA Genesis®/Mega Drive
  • Improvements made to some gameplay performance issues
  • Double-sided Cartridge Sleeve
  • Full-Color Instruction Manual
  • Certificate of Authenticity
  • Interchangeable Lenticular Cards to display your favorite Robot Master
  • Sticker Book
  • Double-Sided Poster
  • Collectors Cards chosen by Retro-Bit fans

Most of the stuff that came with the Toaplan collection was pretty unnecessary to me, but I really liked the interviews. This stuff is just very unnecessary. But I do like that blue cartridge. (Oddly, incompatible with the Megadrive?)

They didn't say how much they're charging, so I'm a little concerned about that. It's $70. A bit steep, but what are you gonna do. I am tempted to pick it up. I've wanted this ever since I didn't have the Sega Channel ? 

• Like 2

I would have ordered this but I had a full CIB repro made over a year ago that saves properly etc. So I can't imagine that whatever other changes they have made would be worth the asking price for me to spend again.

• Like 1

Thanks for posting this. I have never bought one of Retro-Bit's releases before, but I have wanted this since they first announced at least a year ago. Maybe even two years since the announcement. I have never heard of Castlemania Games, but they got my money for this.

• Like 1

I already had a CIB repro, but I prefer to own to "official" licensed version so I sold my repro and pre-ordered from Castlemania.  I have no use for the collector's items and wish there was just a plain clamshell release, but I'll take what I can get!

• Like 1

• 7 months later...