IGNORED

marble craze uggh!!

bradhig1

I can't get pass level 6 because of the death walls ,time limits ,and lives limit.  I remember a level with a dragon from adventure in it.

This is another example of ramping up the difficulty.  Hitting walls on any level should never kill like real wooden mazes and they don't have time limits or lives limits.  I struggle with the paddle controls and the game should have joystick control.  No human being can ever be that precise.  I can't stop the ball without rocking the paddles back and forth which wastes time.   This game requires making slow timed moves so the time limit is wrong.   Humans are not perfect and games need to make allowances for that.  After living 39 years with a dad obsessed with perfection you get this way.  I doubt anyone has ever won this game as there are no videos on Youtube of anyone winning it.

• Like 1

I cleaned it and now one screw shaft is broken.   I have two paddles missing knobs because other knobs broke when I tried to put them back on paddles I cleaned.  Still can't get past level 6 because ball won't stop rolling fast enough in one direction.   I tried hacking the time limit and lives counter in stella but  had no luck

Just now, bradhig1 said:

I cleaned it and now one screw shaft is broken.   I have two paddles missing knobs because other knobs broke when I tried to put them back on paddles I cleaned.  Still can't get past level 6 because ball won't stop rolling fast enough in one direction.   I tried hacking the time limit and lives counter in stella but  had no luck

should have been trackball support.

You need to use something like DeoxIT D5 or other similar lubricating contact cleaner. Alcohol can cause some plastics to become brittle and leaves no lubricant behind. The wiper arm, when dry, can and does erode the graphite/carbon to the point where it's too thin to conduct. In addition, there's no protective film over the resistive material - air is corrosive over long periods of time.

Potentiometers and switches cleaned with DeoxIT D5 have lasted me decades. D5 is a modern-day elixir that works. It's potent protective stuff, one can will treat hundreds of switches and pots.

• Like 1