IGNORED

WOW $600+ for 1200XL

It seems crazy to me.

That being said, it is a really clean looking unit, with a fairly clean and decent shape box with matching serial number and, by all appearances, a complete or almost complete original package. That says a lot to a collector, and obviously they're willing to pay it. Who am I to say they're crazy? It does sound like it needs some keyboard work though.

Heck, the bidding started at only $10 and there's still almost a full day left. Who knows what it may actually wind up going for? I'm going to have to add that one to my watch list just so I can keep pan eye on it.

Edited by bfollowell
  • Like 1

Two of mine came together in a lot with a pair of disk drives, a pair of 1010's, PSU bricks for both, plus a random allotment of carts like a pair of BASICs, and some common games. All told it was about $75, which included shipping, way back in 2002/2003. My third came from a yard sale pickup in 2017 for $70, along with another 410 and a few more common carts.

1 hour ago, DrVenkman said:

Two of mine came together in a lot with a pair of disk drives, a pair of 1010's, PSU bricks for both, plus a random allotment of carts like a pair of BASICs, and some common games. All told it was about $75, which included shipping, way back in 2002/2003. My third came from a yard sale pickup in 2017 for $70, along with another 410 and a few more common carts.

And you walked uphill, both ways, to get them too, right?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Folks!!! Get it while it's HOT!!!

Super hot RARE!!!

130 XE... BOX ONLY!

Just $125 (plus $40 shipping)!!! Deal!!!

? ?  ? 

Did I mention it's super rare?

?  ?  ? 

(Not sure if it comes with the plastic bag that I saw on the photo).

The box even says POWER WITHOUT THE PRICE™

I think the box also says it's compatible with all Atari peripherals and software. Not sure how many 410s and 810s you can stick into it. More than a few cartridges that's for sure!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ATARI-130XE-BOX-ONLY-Inlay-box-and-nylon-rare-only-one-on-ebay-/194035164396?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286

Edited by atarialoha
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Nezgar said:

48 bids probably from individuals not familiar with AtariAge? There has to be people here who would part with 1200XL's for reasonable prices if only asked.

I even got one for free. Only had to pay shipping to The Netherlands, which was something like $65,=. Eternally grateful :)

• Like 1

Well the 1200XL demands the highest premium of all the A8's so it's not surprising. Since it had the least number produced, has great build quality and an excellent keyboard, etc etc and that it's in high demand, they will command a higher price. Perhaps the most disliked A8 model on release became the most in demand decades later.  Factoring inflation they are far cheaper than in 1983.

The XEGS is suddenly commanding the second highest premiums. The console design seems to have become in vogue with the retro community. The commonly quoted XEGS 100k produced was only the first year and it's more likely 200k-300k were made. Could be more. A couple years ago NOS (or returned stock) XEGS machines sat on ebay unsold for months at $150.

Edited by Sugarland
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Sugarland said:

The XEGS is suddenly commanding the second highest premiums. The console design seems to have become in vogue with the retro community. The commonly quoted XEGS 100k produced was only the first year and it's more likely 200k-300k were made. Could be more. A couple years ago NOS (or returned stock) XEGS machines sat on ebay unsold for months at $150.

I saw two XEGS machines in top condition here in AU on FB Marketplace. They were around $220.00 EA, less in US$, and they're PAL.

In comparison an 800XL is around $500.00.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mazzspeed said:

I saw two XEGS machines in top condition here in AU on FB Marketplace. They were around $220.00 EA, less in US$, and they're PAL.

In comparison an 800XL is around $500.00.

Good to know! Sounds like regional variations and trends. It may come down to specific high traffic social media. Unsure.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, atarialoha said:

Uh... you guys know about NFTs right? Haha!

And even going beyond NFTs, apparently an invisible statue was sold for $18k!

https://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/invisible-sculpture-sells-18-thousand

Yep, it 's getting out of hand. At this point I'm more inclined to believe it's just fake auctions and media hounds.

An invisible statue, a chicken McNugget, just makes no sense.

• Like 1

On 6/4/2021 at 10:20 PM, flashjazzcat said:

Throwing vast amounts of money at invisible stuff seems to be all the rage these days.

Yep, and those youngsters keep saying, what do you old farts know! It's "totally different this time!"

Anyway, NFTs seem to be coming down in valuation (what valuation?!), along with the whole CHOC (Crypto House Of Cards).

The whole crazy situation looks even worse than 1999/2000...