IGNORED

5200 modification

classicgamer74

22 hours ago, classicgamer74 said:

That would be great. I take it you're referring to you? :) I'm excited to have a 5200 finally. I only have one game but Im going to get more. How does that conversion work? Is it possible to be able to make it go through AV or even HDMI? 

The best that I can offer in regards to AV on the 5200 is to install a UAV board into it on the lower cost side of things. That would provide you with composite and really good s-video output from the 5200. From there you could use a Retrotink2x or similar device that can accept s-video and run it however you needed.

There is also the Sophia video upgrade board. That provides essentially an RGB output from the console to be used with a monitor via DVI etc. But that is on the high end side for costs. 

The power conversion modification simply removes the power rail input from the video side and adds in a standard barrel jack that is compatible with the 5200 power supply that plugs into the console normally. The newer power kits that I get use a power cable with connectors so that it can be detached easily for future servicing if needed.