It seems Taito announced this:

https://www.taito.co.jp/egret2mini

Looks like Taito saw Sega's Astro City Mini and decided to do the same thing but with their Egret II cabinet. You can rotate the screen for vertical games, which is mildly interesting. It's really expensive, though. I will wait until they reveal all of the games to see if I want one.

• Like 1

I posted an all-singing all-dancing overview here:

But it certainly deserves a thread of its own!

Regarding “expensive”… it is, but also a complete boxed copy of Liquid Kids for the PC Engine alone will set you back as much as the bundle without the arcade stick. As long as the emulation is decent, I’m 100% in.

• Like 1

The unit itself is not much more expensive than the Astro City Mini, but when you add the controllers (and I wanted to get at least an extra controller and the paddle one with extra games), you get above the $300 bar very fast (with shipping and import taxes). 😅

The games lineup looks a lot like the Taito PS2 compilations, which is nice since I would buy one for Elevator Action Returns alone. 🥰

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Steven Pendleton said:

I will wait until they reveal all of the games to see if I want one.

Yes, that´s probably wise. You don´t want to egret your purchase. I will see myself out... :)

Edited by Lord Mushroom
  • Haha 3

I am an avid mini arcade collector,I love a lot of Taito games, I definitely like retro game compilations of all varieties so  I will certainly acquire one of these if it is easily attainable from Limited Run games,Play Asia or anyone else who can sell me one in the US.

Very cool looking item!👍😀

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, jgkspsx said:

Amazon.co.jp is very easy and cheap if you get a preorder in.

I did not know that,though I should of by now! Thanks for the help.👍

I am going to be on board for this mini system for certain,though I probably wont buy a couple of hundred dollars worth of accessories for it.

But it looks great and I love my Astro City mini as well as my Replicades from New Wave Toys,SNES and NES mini etc.

Now is not the time for me to stop collecting! 😄

I will keep an eye out here to find out when a preorder is happening.

• Like 1

Yay, Elevator Action Returns is here! I might just get this instead of buying the relatively expensive Saturn version.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, jgkspsx said:

Did they announce anything else?

Yeah, check the official website. There's more, but Elevator Action Returns made me forget what all of the rest are. Oh, good, Kiki Kaikai is here. That's a good sign.

Edited by Steven Pendleton
  • Like 1