IGNORED

Intellivision Variants

Morpheus

Another request for the Picture data Base.

Does anybody have a copy of Soccer 1683-0910-G1, the USA  Version?

If so, could you post clear Front view, Back view, Inside view and a Bottom flap view of the box?

I have only found one copy of the box so far. The second picture is my Tracker picture, showing the USA Version, with the

soccer ball imposed on a black background.

Soccer (NASL) BX Mattel 1683-0910-G1 USA 1980-3.png

Soccer (NASL) BX Mattel 1683-0910-G1 USA 1980-TRK.png

Edited by Wizewonathome

13 minutes ago, Wizewonathome said:

@Humblejack, thanks for the exterior pictures, I also could use some full interior views too

@cmart604, thought were too busy else wise, left messages, but no response. Thanks for the pics too

Sorry just real busy with work and family stuff. Just saw this now

31 minutes ago, Humblejack said:

Chris, If this message is for me, I checked FB and AA and found nothing from you.

I was just giving a shout out, for you guys helping out the cause. The message should have been posted in a different fashion. Did not mean to confuse any one. My message etiquette on these boards needs to be honed more. But I thinks the main point was made.

Edited by Wizewonathome

When posting, for the database, main requirements would be, Front, back, full inside view with manuals and overlays, and game cartridge, in slots, a bottom flap view to show the variant information and a top flap view. If posting pictures for an opened  bottom flap box, the same is needed except, the manual, game cartridge and overlays, can be in one picture. I am trying get the box variants done as a main goal, and in the future, I will look into setting up a PDF data base for all of the manuals. But that is a down the road project. 

I realize, there are upteen other variants world wide, but I am concentrated on the United Kingdom, International, and North American variants for now. The database and file structure is set up, for all those whom want a copy, to be expanded with additional variants in a very methodical method.

9 hours ago, Wizewonathome said:

When posting, for the database, main requirements would be, Front, back, full inside view with manuals and overlays, and game cartridge, in slots, a bottom flap view to show the variant information and a top flap view. If posting pictures for an opened  bottom flap box, the same is needed except, the manual, game cartridge and overlays, can be in one picture. I am trying get the box variants done as a main goal, and in the future, I will look into setting up a PDF data base for all of the manuals. But that is a down the road project. 

I realize, there are upteen other variants world wide, but I am concentrated on the United Kingdom, International, and North American variants for now. The database and file structure is set up, for all those whom want a copy, to be expanded with additional variants in a very methodical method.

And I for one thank you for all your efforts. This is a task few would take on.  When you start your manual project please be aware that I have scanned about 600 manuals front and back. If you need or want any pics I have please let me know, they are yours.

Here is an example.

Basketball from England.

487452584_Basketball2615-0820EnglandHK1.thumb.jpg.5f3e991d1abf4e770f98c5de8079d57a.jpg

1925922887_Basketball2615-0820EnglandHK2.thumb.jpg.a20c5cf21c544e6524e0eba9b6d9e06a.jpg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Wizewonathome said:

I will look into setting up a PDF data base for all of the manuals.

Wize, All,

I think that a pdf file is not the most suitable solution for this very nice project: too cumbersome to search, too big to be sent by email, each time it’s updated you have to download it again, lot of space on the hard disk, not suitable for smartphones…

The www.intellivisionvariants.com domain it’s still available. I am ready to register it and pay for it.

If someone here is able and willing to create a simple website like Intvfunhouse where Wize could upload all pictures he has already gathered and will gather, I think it would be truly great!

Let’s do it!!!?

@Morpheus, The PDF File is only a way to show the pictures in one group, without individual clicking on each picture. I also have a file folder for

each game box variant, and a Zipped file for each variant. The design is such that the information is easy to access, so as it could incorporated into a web site, at a later date. If you are willing to do the website, that would help the community greatly. I myself am not a "web Engineer", Never had the need to learn that aspect in the past.

2 hours ago, Wizewonathome said:

If you are willing to do the website, that would help the community greatly. I myself am not a "web Engineer", Never had the need to learn that aspect in the past.

Well, unfortunately, I’m not a web engineer either, I’m a mechanical engineer actually…

I’m willing and happy to cover the domain’s costs, you could upload the pictures, but we need someone that makes the webdatabase.

Let’s see if someone will help us…

Here it’s full of super skilled people…

It would be really great for the community…

11 hours ago, Morpheus said:

Wize, All,

I think that a pdf file is not the most suitable solution for this very nice project: too cumbersome to search, too big to be sent by email, each time it’s updated you have to download it again, lot of space on the hard disk, not suitable for smartphones…

The www.intellivisionvariants.com domain it’s still available. I am ready to register it and pay for it.

If someone here is able and willing to create a simple website like Intvfunhouse where Wize could upload all pictures he has already gathered and will gather, I think it would be truly great!

Let’s do it!!!?

That’s funny.. it made me smile…

I found it amusing because I currently own www.intellivisionvariation.com. 

i’m currently not using it though. I can host….

• Haha 1

@MorpheusThat would be great. I have a few more tweaks on the Mattel Sports group to complete, and then I am starting on the Strategy group of games. I want to revamp the naming of all of the other Networks games file names, to the same standard as the Sports group. Once that is complete, I will start on the other publishers. Will be sending you a sample of one game box variant to show you what I have in mind. Remember this was planned before the thought of a web site. The pictures though, could be used, as they will all be available by file group. If we do a web site, it will no doubt be easier for the community to send in pictures, when they have a better quality one, than they see on said box page. 

Edited by Wizewonathome

5 hours ago, Kamikazi26 said:

That’s funny.. it made me smile…

I found it amusing because I currently own www.intellivisionvariation.com. 

i’m currently not using it though. I can host….

This is a fantastic news Luc!

And let me say that, given the outstanding quality of your website, I would say that you might be able to help us creating a simple website where to upload all pictures too!!!?

18 minutes ago, Morpheus said:

Hi Folks,

Today I would like to deepen with you the Las Vegas Poker & Blackjack 2611-0910 G1 Made in Taiwan.

On Intvfunhouse it’s reported that @BSRSteve would have a plastic tray version.

63A78EFF-F825-4DAC-B130-DEB56933CBC9.thumb.jpeg.968f5a96371bbe990df8288e185ef375.jpeg

My copy has the trayless pocket

D7605A0A-42AA-4350-9705-CC01418C4A74.thumb.jpeg.d8b9cd6df28560de17412a109d26a245.jpeg

Does the plastic tray version exist or not?

I have seen a few. They all were trayless. I have a shrink wrapped one that I won’t open, but I’m kinda of the opinion that they were never released with a tray. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Kamikazi26 said:

I have seen a few. They all were trayless. I have a shrink wrapped one that I won’t open, but I’m kinda of the opinion that they were never released with a tray. 

I also have the Taiwan version. There is no such version with a plastic insert. The only way that we will be certain, is if someone with a sealed version, will break his seal for the good of the community. In order to confirm, variants that I have, I have personally removed over a dozen plastic seals t either confirm or not confirm the existence of a variant. I do have lots seals, but those were confirmed, by the bottom flap information.

Edited by Wizewonathome
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Morpheus said:

Hi Folks,

Today I would like to deepen with you the Las Vegas Poker & Blackjack 2611-0910 G1 Made in Taiwan.

On Intvfunhouse it’s reported that @BSRSteve would have a plastic tray version.

63A78EFF-F825-4DAC-B130-DEB56933CBC9.thumb.jpeg.968f5a96371bbe990df8288e185ef375.jpeg

My copy has the trayless pocket

D7605A0A-42AA-4350-9705-CC01418C4A74.thumb.jpeg.d8b9cd6df28560de17412a109d26a245.jpeg

Does the plastic tray version exist or not?

Well, the plastic tray fits in the one in my collection and the two I have for sale on eBay in this listing: https://www.ebay.com/itm/303799993619?hash=item46bbe40513:g:uxcAAOSwtRNgE2Nq

As to whether I (or someone else) added that tray, I don't really remember. I have gotten lots of games missing a tray that have a space for them. The tray here is a tighter fit than normal, but the space is quite large for just dumping the cartridge in. Morpheus' copy seems like a tighter pocket and I think I have a couple of empty boxes that are like that.

Thank you all for the feedback.

The pocket of my copy is too tight for a plastic tray, I did try to fit one in it and it doesn’t work. At the opposite, the cartridge fits in it perfectly and the two holes help to take it out.

@BSRSteve, could you please send us a picture of the 0910-G1 Taiwan made box we can see on Ebay without the plastic tray? We might understand if it was added after or not…

56 minutes ago, Morpheus said:

Thank you all for the feedback.

The pocket of my copy is too tight for a plastic tray, I did try to fit one in it and it doesn’t work. At the opposite, the cartridge fits in it perfectly and the two holes help to take it out.

@BSRSteve, could you please send us a picture of the 0910-G1 Taiwan made box we can see on Ebay without the plastic tray? We might understand if it was added after or not…

Well, Emily has the ones for sale on eBay, but here is my copy that the tray fits in:

731859771_LVPoker-1.thumb.jpeg.1933af1bfcf1bb0a30d2b968c3ebe23d.jpeg895447170_LVPoker-2.thumb.jpeg.da7e45a7785948b2ed5820deadeb069c.jpeg

This opening is 71x92mm, and the tray fits inside. As you can see, there is some different cardboard inside the box.

My two boxes where the tray doesn't fit, has different cardboard arrangements for the pocket, and the opening is 70x91 mm, making it just too small. Perhaps they were experimenting with ways to make it trayless.

377415012_LVPoker-3.thumb.jpeg.6d9c6f6942c58780ba7387c506ad1b0c.jpeg

• Thanks 1