IGNORED

Rescue on Fractalus article plus music/graphics question

Beeblebrox

I happened to find this 10 year old article about Rescue on Fractalus and Lucasfilm which makes for interesting reading, (especially about the piracy issue). 

Check it out:

http://www.electrondance.com/tomorrows-promise/

Fav quote from the article: "He took an Atari 800 home, learnt 6502 machine language and experimented. A few days later, Carpenter demonstrated a working prototype of a navigable fractal landscape running on the Atari’s puny 1.79Mhz processor." 

Puny!:-D

Incidentally the reason I came across it in the first place was two fold.

Firstly I was trying to find if anyone had ever tried to remix/rework the RoF music using the new techniques and approaches that the likes of Emkay, Vinscool, Rensoup and Miker, among many others on AA (and elsewhere), have employed in their A8 music? 

Also given I've seen lots of instances on AA of classic games being hacked to improve graphics, interfaces, title screens, etc etc - I started wondering if anyone had turned their attention to perhaps reworking the cockpit graphics in RoF?

I know the processing of the landscape generation must take up considerable resources and it might not be at all feasible -  but I had wondered if it were possible nonetheless.:-D Given you spend time in the cockpit for the entire duration of gameplay it would be cool for it to look... well cool. :grin:

Just a thought.

As I type this I can see out of the corner of my eye my own boxed 1987 copy of RoF. Classic title.;-)

Edited by Beeblebrox
typos
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Beeblebrox said:

anyone had ever tried to remix/rework the RoF music

5 hours ago, Beeblebrox said:

reworking the cockpit graphics in RoF

Hmmm.  This is probably sacrilege, but I wonder if anyone has tried reworking it so it's more fun to play? ?

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2