IGNORED

Official AY-3-8500 mods

I'm considering adding support to the Ami/WinArcadia Pong simulation for some or all of the official modifications that could be made to AY-3-8500-based consoles (as detailed in eg. the "GIMINI Game Circuits" book at http://amigan.1emu.net/aw/GI-Games-1978.rar ).

I'm just wondering if anyone who has actually implemented these modifications on the real hardware could enlighten me about some details that are not clearly explained in the original articles. I have made some guesses that it would be good to be able to confirm:

Random angle modification: Presumably there is a 25% chance of each of the following outcomes, irrespective of which part of the bat was hit: (a) 40 degrees up, (b) 20 degrees up, (c) 20 degrees down, (d) 40 degrees down.

4-player modification: Only the behaviour of the tennis game is explained. What is the behaviour in the other games? Presumably every column that has a bat in 2 player mode will have 2 bats (belonging to the same team but different players) in 4-player mode.

3-player modification: This would presumably be done by only implementing one half of the 4-player modification, left or right.

Edited by Minuous