IGNORED

Final Fight...it's Haggar time!

awbacon

Maybe Mike Haggar should have just run for NYC mayor. It would probably be a landslide for him lol. But all joking aside I think this is when Capcom peaked. Seriously its a 10/10 game that still plays as good in 2021 as it did when it released in the early 90's. I cant think of a beat em up that can top Final Fight...anyone else?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

18 hours ago, awbacon said:

Maybe Mike Haggar should have just run for NYC mayor. It would probably be a landslide for him lol. But all joking aside I think this is when Capcom peaked. Seriously its a 10/10 game that still plays as good in 2021 as it did when it released in the early 90's. I cant think of a beat em up that can top Final Fight...anyone else?

17 hours ago, Cebus Capucinis said:

Much like Captain Commando, the "choice" in characters is a non-choice. There's Mike Haggar and then....some other humanoids? I can't remember.

Final Fight is second to me only to The Punisher, but it's a VERY close second.

Final Fight is my all-time-favorite beat-em-up.  The gameplay is super satisfying, the controls are tights, and the visual/sound is superb.  Mrs. Digdug and I also giggle every time we hear 'ohhhh my goddddd' because we *always* say 'ooooh my caaaaaahh' from the SNES port. :)

I prefer Cody or Guy over Haggar, personally.   1) Cody  2) Guy  3) Haggar

Well, I completely disagree since I find Final Fight mediocre and I know people who agree with me. Again it's pretty but the gameplay is very basic. Every Streets of Rage is better than that, and I can name a lot of other better beat 'em ups (Double Dragon Advance, Die Hard Arcade, Ninja Warriors Again, etc.) including Capcom ones (Warriors of Fate as I said before).

I'm starting to wonder if you really like beat 'em ups, like people who claim all beat 'em ups are repetitive by nature; that's wrong, only bad ones are.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Cebus Capucinis said:

Much like Captain Commando, the "choice" in characters is a non-choice. There's Mike Haggar and then....some other humanoids? I can't remember.

Final Fight is second to me only to The Punisher, but it's a VERY close second.

exactly. If you don't choose Haggar we can't be friends 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, digdugnate said:

Final Fight is my all-time-favorite beat-em-up.  The gameplay is super satisfying, the controls are tights, and the visual/sound is superb.  Mrs. Digdug and I also giggle every time we hear 'ohhhh my goddddd' because we *always* say 'ooooh my caaaaaahh' from the SNES port. :)

I prefer Cody or Guy over Haggar, personally.   1) Cody  2) Guy  3) Haggar

(judges from afar) lolol...kidding 

• Haha 1

I enjoy final fight but I feel like it peaks within the first couple of levels.  Once I get to that stage with Abigall as the boss, the game just feels like a slog and there isn't as much variety in background graphics.  Sega CD soundtrack is awesome.

In terms of other interesting beat em ups, I tried out Big Fight: Big Trouble in the Atlantic recently and actually had a lot of fun with it. It has a cool feature where you can play as ANY of the bosses after you beat them, so you can keep switching your character as you go through the game if you want.

Edited by sirlynxalot
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, roots.genoa said:

Well, I completely disagree since I find Final Fight mediocre and I know people who agree with me. Again it's pretty but the gameplay is very basic. Every Streets of Rage is better than that, and I can name a lot of other better beat 'em ups (Double Dragon Advance, Die Hard Arcade, Ninja Warriors Again, etc.) including Capcom ones (Warriors of Fate as I said before).

I'm starting to wonder if you really like beat 'em ups, like people who claim all beat 'em ups are repetitive by nature; that's wrong, only bad ones are.

My only comment is that while there are really good ones, I assert that Final Fight is a bit 'samey'. 

However, for me part of the enjoyment and relaxation is in the repetitive nature of the gameplay.  I can count on it to be exactly the same with no exceptions every time and I can play on 'cruise control' of sorts and turn off my brain.

• Haha 1

On 6/25/2021 at 9:30 AM, digdugnate said:

My only comment is that while there are really good ones, I assert that Final Fight is a bit 'samey'. 

However, for me part of the enjoyment and relaxation is in the repetitive nature of the gameplay.  I can count on it to be exactly the same with no exceptions every time and I can play on 'cruise control' of sorts and turn off my brain.

it 100% never disappoints 

• Like 1