IGNORED

Intellivision Hive SD Multicart - is it on or not???

BIGHMW

Hey guys,

I was just wondering, and since I ran into a Google search for a multicart for Intellivision I was wondering if The Hive SD-card-based multicart will ever become available. 

I'm looking to get back into the Intellivision fold mainly because of hearing about both it and the LTO Flash! cart as well. I once owned an Intellivision II (I acquired one in 1985 in a collateral trade/loan for a pair of Sony MDR headphones, in which the other party broke) and a ton of games for her from 1985-2005 before having to sell her (regrettably) due to unemployment as well as downsizing at that time. I sure do miss playing games like Thin Ice, Burgertime, Astrosmash, Diner, Lock 'N' Chase, and many others. But it is the fact that multicarts are already (or will be) available for Inty systems that has my juices flowing to getting one yet again, as part of a 4-system buy (ColecoVision, Intellivision II, Sega Master System, and TurboGrafx) and the available multicarts for those systems too for a new YouTube channel idea I want to put together to go along with The Atari Report, BIGHMW TV, and my Ray Jackson YouTube channels, called the Vintage Gaming Report, or "VGR" for short, in which I would love to debut, on YouTube this coming January 2022.

I already run and host (I do all the voices on it) The Atari Report, in which will celebrate its 1-year anniversary on July 2nd, started mainly to keep myself relevant during the pandemic (I am actually a musician and had to do something until I can get shows again) and I most recently doubled the content back in January 2021 after acquiring both a 7800 (in October 2020) and an XEGS (in November 2020) to go along with my 5200 and 2600 units I have owned for years (the 5200 since 1983 for my 17th birthday, the 2600 since 1993), but for years I had always ignored the 7800 due until last summer after I learned about (what would become) Concerto, in which s one of 2 SD-card-based multicarts (the other is Dragonfly) available for her but the fact that multicarts are available for almost any system nowadays makes me want the actual vintage hardware rather than all these retro systems in which don't do the same job as the OG consoles do. I look forward to once again become an Intellivisionaire much like you guys.

Look forward to hearing from you guys,

Thanks and Good Gaming,

Ray Jackson

AtariAge user ID: BIGHMW

Host of The Atari Report

• Like 1

Then in that case, is the LTO Flash! multicart for Intellivision still available, if so I would like a link please in order to order one, I already have links to sites with multiple ROM files ready to download after acquiring both it and going on eBay and acquiring an Intellivision II, and then it's just three more units to go, to go along with her so I can launch VGR - Vintage Gaming Report, this coming January, in which will be the same format as my current gaming YouTube channel, The Atari Report.

Thanks, I just need the link so I can get the LTO and then LOOK OUT!!!

15 minutes ago, BIGHMW said:

Then in that case, is the LTO Flash! multicart for Intellivision still available, if so I would like a link please in order to order one, I already have links to sites with multiple ROM files ready to download after acquiring both it and going on eBay and acquiring an Intellivision II, and then it's just three more units to go, to go along with her so I can launch VGR - Vintage Gaming Report, this coming January, in which will be the same format as my current gaming YouTube channel, The Atari Report.

Thanks, I just need the link so I can get the LTO and then LOOK OUT!!!

Jason has numerous spares, he will most likely sell one if its sold out. 

1 hour ago, BBWW said:

Hive is on hold from what I know...LTO is a good product.

Thanks. When I get my next Social Security check and my next paycheck I will indeed order one (and get an Intellivision II to play it on) and download a whole bunch of great titles like the ones I used to play all the time, and even get some of those unreleased titles and homebrews as well

6 hours ago, Rev said:

Jason has numerous spares, he will most likely sell one if its sold out. 

5 hours ago, BIGHMW said:

Cool, how do I get a hold of him so I can order one, I get my next paycheck next week. Thanks. :) 

Lol, I wish this was the case.  I fully endorse the LTO Flash, which is well worth the money.  However, it's currently difficult to acquire.  Some of the components are out of stock, so sales seem to be in hiatus.  Hopefully sales resume later this year.  Once they become available, I highly recommend buying one immediately.  I originally missed out on the CC3, and had to wait years for the Hive and LTO Flash to become available.  It seems we're in another multicart drought, but it will eventually pass.

Follow this thread for availability.  Good luck and be patient.

• Like 1

I hope Groovybee and his Hive cart will resurface someday. I haven't seen him around these parts in ages. The Lto is nice and all, but I'd much rather prefer a "drag & drop" solution, like what the Hive was supposed to be. Hopefully someday, as you can never have too many multicarts! ?

• Like 3