IGNORED

American Hero Getting Released On Consoles!

jerseystyle

On 6/27/2021 at 5:10 AM, tripled79 said:

But I want this on Jaguar CD...

Limited Run Games are in charge of the physical release, and they reissued some FMV games on SEGA CD before, so I wouldn't be surprised if that happens too.

Edited by roots.genoa

Pretty happy to see this being finished.  I will wait for the LRG release of this for PS4/Switch (It'll happen, may take another year after the digital release, but it'll happen)   

In the meantime i'll have to keep enjoying my hardcopy demo release; which is actually quite playable!  

Now i'm waiting for the Voyuer re-release, the top of the FMV food-chain from that era IMO...

940761104_ScreenShot2021-06-28at12_39_16PM.thumb.png.e057b771efc9fcdbf9be25e12b5535cb.png

• Like 1

If Limited Run Games picks this up it'll probably be pretty pricey on the Switch. They did a run of Night Trap and another FMV type game, they only make so many and then when sold out they seem to shoot up in value. Ive got this on the Jag CD already but would not mind a Switch release. There is a 50+ minute video on Youtube of the entire game start to finish I've watched before as well. On the Jag CD the furthest I made it was in the back alley getting chased by the Semi-truck. 

There is no reason not to have them it's part of the seedy feel of the game.  

Wouldn't know myself, but I've heard they're more like a bag of sand ?

Edited by cubanismo
When your joke is so bad you feel the need to edit the post and clarify it...
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, UHATEIT said:

If Limited Run Games picks this up it'll probably be pretty pricey on the Switch. They did a run of Night Trap and another FMV type game, they only make so many and then when sold out they seem to shoot up in value.

LRG used to sell stuff in two batches on the same day with limited quantities, but it has become quite rare lately. Now they will typically open pre-orders for one month, so they'll produce everything that has been ordered during the period - limited time, but no limited stock. Unless you completely miss the pre-order period (which is hard if you subscribe to their newsletter), there's no reason you should miss anything. That being said, you have to be patient because items usually ship 4-5 months after pre-orders are closed... ?

19 minutes ago, vrocko said:

Surprised that they are doing an old FMV game on the PS4, Xbox, Switch. I thought those died out with the 90's. 

Making a huge comeback now, my friend. Night Trap is out again, Mad Dog Mcree… Even Plumbers Don’t Wear Ties is getting re released. So many drunken college memories of that one.

• Like 2

On 6/29/2021 at 10:00 AM, jerseystyle said:

Making a huge comeback now, my friend. Night Trap is out again, Mad Dog Mcree… Even Plumbers Don’t Wear Ties is getting re released. So many drunken college memories of that one.

Really? Wow! Now I am shocked. What was the one you flew a ship in the sewer? I think I was on the Saturn. I remember playing that one. I've seen Night Trap and Mad Dog Mcree. Never saw Plumbers Don't Wear Ties but heard a lot about it. Well the '80's made a comeback why not the '90's!

Just now, vrocko said:

Really? Wow! Now I am shocked. What was the one you flew a ship in the sewer? I think I was on the Saturn. I remember playing that one. I've seen Night Trap and Mad Dog Mcree. Never saw Plumbers Don't Wear Ties but heard a lot about it. Well the '80's made a comeback why not the '90's!

You're thinking of Sewer Shark. Would not be surprised at all if LRG made a release of that as well down the line. 

On 6/29/2021 at 10:00 AM, jerseystyle said:

All those Nintendo kids mocked us for saying it was the future of gaming, but now we are vindicated!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2