IGNORED

Neon (Demo) - Hypertext (ADF) Browser for Atari

16 minutes ago, atarixle said:

In Windows, compiled hypertext documents have the extension chm.

I wish the same for the Atari, AHT (and also please PHP) for uncompiled sources, which easily can be produced by PHP scripts; and let's say CHT for compiled pages, because DOC is for formatted text and others are for other file formats.

You can use any extension you want for compiled documents, just not ADF.

On 8/11/2023 at 1:05 PM, Gibstov said:

OK...I've updated NEON to support dynamic ADF files. It will all be handled from the NEON program on the Atari without needing a separate compiler on the webserver.  Basically the way it works now, if you choose "R" to READ, and the file extension end with .ADF it will compile the file on the fly and display it, if the file extension is .DOC (or anything else) it assume it is a precompiled file and load it that way (as it did before).

I don't have webserver, if anyone here has a webserver and would like to help test it out, that would be great.  Please share the URL in this thread.

Ok, after some investigation it's coming down to naming and capitalization- the neon reader honors caps when it makes the network request to FujiNet and so you have to have exact match in the URI (not the host name).

Doing a "R" and then:

N:http://fujinet.diller.org/NEON/S1/index.doc

Will pull up the OG (from your first release) set of Neon pages.

I can't get the new reader to compile any ADF yet- even the OG pages have an error, for instance:

N:http://fujinet.diller.org/NEON/S1/index.adf

will give you an ERROR:01

I'm working on a server to give out ADF docs dynamically created but first I want the new reader to read and create some static files so I know what works.

If you have a full document for all error codes and what they mean that would help, i get 01 and 07 a lot.