IGNORED

Alien vs. Predator - 100% kill score?

BassGuitari

I've been playing a lot of Alien vs. Predator lately (got my Marine game down pretty good!) and for grins and giggles, I started up a new Marine game, threw on cheats (god mode, all guns/inf. ammo, and security card #10 to help move things along) and went on a mission to hunt down and kill every single alien, egg, facehugger, and Predator in the game. I'm pretty confident that I succeeded, but without an enemy/kill counter, and given how arduous it is to fully navigate the game, it's hard to be absolutely certain.

Assuming the same total allotment of enemy types appears in the game, and isn't randomized like item or enemy placement (or mixed), there should be a theoretical maximum score for each "character" that, in a single playthrough (that is, not playing from saved games and pre-existing scores), can only be reached by killing everything in the game. Anybody happen to know what those are, by any chance?

Edited by BassGuitari

10 hours ago, PFG 9000 said:

Saving and reloading is part of the intended gameplay, so I guess I don't see the point in determining maximum score without saving.  Maybe that's just me though?

I think the only safe place to save your game is in an elevator. Otherwise when you reload, you might get a re-spawning alien....

21 hours ago, PFG 9000 said:

Saving and reloading is part of the intended gameplay, so I guess I don't see the point in determining maximum score without saving.  Maybe that's just me though?

It would just be a way to measure 100% kills. Which itself is just a challenge for the hell of it, like speed runs or what have you. ??‍♂️

(If AvP 100% kill “speedruns” become a thing, I’m claiming credit. ?)

Does enemy fire effect other enemies in AvP?  I know they won't intentionally attack each other, so it would have to be a friendly-fire type thing.  It always bugged me how (playing as a Predator, for example) you could open a door to find Marines and Aliens hanging out in the same room, and they didn't fight each other.

1 hour ago, PFG 9000 said:

Does enemy fire effect other enemies in AvP?  I know they won't intentionally attack each other, so it would have to be a friendly-fire type thing.  It always bugged me how (playing as a Predator, for example) you could open a door to find Marines and Aliens hanging out in the same room, and they didn't fight each other.

The Marines will kill a Predator. Will they not kill the Xenomorphs?

2 hours ago, jeremiahjt said:

The Marines will kill a Predator. Will they not kill the Xenomorphs?

I remember the marines killing each other in friendly fire if you position yourself in such a way that they are in a row.

I don't think I ever saw a marine shoot an alien but probably only because I didn't "align" it properly.

As PFG 9000 said when a door opened and I saw everyone hang around having a party it was a pretty immersion breaking moment. Quite a disappointment but otherwise I would probably only have found a pile of bodies.:D

On 7/11/2021 at 10:08 PM, jeremiahjt said:

One problem with killing 100% of the enemies is that the enemies will kill each other. If you are playing as an Alien and the Colonial Marines kill a Predator, do you get credit for that kill?

The monsters and Marines don't fight each other in AvP.

• Confused 1